Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

1996 Mystic Chrome SVT Cobra under 47k ORIGINAL MILES- lots of clean upgrades -Socal

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Lightbulb 1996 Mystic Chrome SVT Cobra under 47k ORIGINAL MILES- lots of clean upgrades -Socal

I've been doing alot of thinking lately, and its about time I let go of my mystic. I know it will pain me to see it go, but I hate seeing it just sit in my driveway unused (I have a second car daily driver that I use to get me around so I keep the miles low on the cobra and don't expose it to parking lot hazards and what not)

You guys know all about mystics and cobras so there is no need for me to get into the nitty-gritty about it all--4.6 liter (281 cu in.) 32 valve (4v per cylinder) DOHC V8--T45 5 speed manual transmission--mach 460 sound system--fully loaded--power everything--black interior--leather seats--etc.

Anyway as you all probably know, its one of only 2000 every produced. I am the third owner of it and have babied it and maintained it religiously. Just recently I had the engine oil changed with Mobil 1 synthetic. Also, I had the rear end & transmission flushed and those fluids replaced with Royal Purple synthetic fluids. The odometer is shy of 47k miles. I believe right now as it sits its close to 46,300 original miles. It has a clean title and I have the carfax copy and all that to verify.

I've tried to keep it really clean and the interior is probably a 10 out of 10 with no tears blemishes or anything missing of that sort. The engine runs smooth and flawlessly, the tranny shifts cleanly and precisely. Mechanically it runs like a charm. Cosmetically it is in extremely good shape especially for a 12 going on 13 year old car. The paint is smooth (just had it claybar'd and waxed--amazing results) By no means is it a flawless show car though, it does have your average tiny chips here and there. The body is straight as an arrow with no dents or dings, except for two tiny door dings on the driver side door--not noticeable, but I am pretty **** about that kind of thing--hence why I don't like to drive to places that are crowded. I know mine isn't a perfect show car, but it sure does grab peoples attention everywhere I go in it. I always get stares, thumbs ups, and all that other good stuff.

A number of modifications have been done to make an already excellent performing car accelerate quicker and handle better—it may not sound like much, but trust me, combined, they felt like they made a HUGE difference compared to stock--at least to me lol.

Here is a List of a few upgrades done to it (I might be forgetting a few things):
BBK Cold Air Intake
March Underdrive Pulleys
MSD Blaster Coil Packs
MSD Spark Plug Wires
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
BBk Long Tube Headers
Custom 3" X-pipe w/ Cats Custom 3"
Cat Back with Flowmaster mufflers w/ 3.5" Chrome Tips
Full saleen suspension
-Saleen RaceCraft N2 Shocks and Struts
-Saleen Progressive Rate Spring Set (front & rear)
Mac Billet Aluminum Caster/Camber Plates
Saleen Front Sway Bar
Maximum Motorsports Fully Adjustable rear Sway bar
Maximum Motorsports Heavy Duty Torque Arm
BBK Gripp Full LengthSubframe Connectors
Edlebrock upper control arms
Saleen lower control arms
Ford Racing 4.10 Rear End Gear Ratio
Hurst “Classic” Design Short Throw Shifter
SCT Xcalibrator 2 Handheld OBD II Flash Programmer/Tuner
Saleen 18” Chrome Wheels
-front: 18x9 w/ 245/45/18’s
-rear: 18x10 w/ 285/35/18’s

*And that's all I could think of off of the top of my head.

After doing some research, I found 14-15k to be around what most of the mystics were going for (averagely) on autotrader with the same mileage as mine (most without nearly as much done to it as mine). I'm asking $12,950, of course I will consider all reasonable offers. I think that sounds pretty fair considering it is a clean, low mileage, well maintained, limited edition numbered car with thousands of quality brand name handling and performance aftermarket parts into it.

I'm located in Ventura County which is about 45 miles NW of Los Angeles. Anyway if you're interested feel free to PM me, email me @ totalrevolution2000@msn.com or call me on my cell @ 1 (805) 368-5831.

Anyways here are some pics --this was before I had a chance to claybar, re-wax, and detail the whole thing:

Old 08-26-2008, 04:08 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Here are some more pics: enjoy

Old 08-26-2008, 04:43 PM
stangpede ftw

hi just joined tha forums cuz i like your car lots, i been looking 4 a purple stang for a long time and m interested. could u post pictures of tha dings on tha side of tha car and a picture of tha back cuz you dint post ne. thx bro
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

You should be banned for selling such a nice car for no reason... jerk
Old 08-26-2008, 05:05 PM
firestang24
2nd Gear Member

wow that is nice.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:08 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

The back bumper is the unflattering part of the car. The previous owner of the car told me that maybe a week before I bought it, his brother was backing out for a parking spot tapped the back bumper. Of course there is no damage and the bumper since it is urethane it merely flexed, i but the paint did suffer a bit--so now it has pealed away in spots as you can see. There is no damage or imperfections anywhere else and the bumper is in perfect condition (I had the bumper and everything under their inspected by a professional shop), it could just use new coat of paint and it will be perfect--which is why I decided to price it so much lower than it would have been before. I've been meaning to get it done myself, but I've been so busy lately that I jut don't have the time, plus its never really bothered me much. So I decided I'd just sell it how it is and mark it off of my asking price.

Here are a few pics of the back bumper in its current state:

If you look closely along the body line in the following picture you can see the small ding. That's really the only area on the car and it can be rubbed out very easily:

Old 08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMC1775
You should be banned for selling such a nice car for no reason... jerk
Ah ya caught me. Yeah I know I should be, but honestly it's too good for me lol. I don't do it justice. I mean I think I've driven all of maybe 100 miles this month or less. Furthest I drove it recently was with you to that mustang cruise night/car meet by Porter Ranch
Old 08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FrigidReflection
honestly it's too good for me lol. I don't do it justice.
Well thats true
Old 08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
blike
2nd Gear Member

you shouldn't post in here USMC, you're making his car look bad
Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by blike
you shouldn't post in here USMC, you're making his car look bad
LOL niice I wonder if I should be expecting any other other celebrity guests or if its only you two

Quick Reply: 1996 Mystic Chrome SVT Cobra under 47k ORIGINAL MILES- lots of clean upgrades -Socal