Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

F/S: 1985 GT Vert - Low Mile & Unmolested

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default F/S: 1985 GT Vert - Low Mile & Unmolested

Over the past 15 years I have been chasing an all original '85 GT T-topper with only 15k. The time has come to try to make room for it, so it is with slight reservation that I put up my '85 GT 'Vert. Hoping to find a good buyer via the enthusiast forums before resorting to ebay or craigs.

*1985 GT Vert, 5spd - $9000 neg.
*41k original miles....documented and carfax backed
*Absolutely NO RUST and METICULOUSLY cared for.
*Medium Canyon Red w/lower Tu-tone charcoal accent
*Charcoal Leather w/added grey halo headrests (original low-pads included)
*Original AM/FM twin dial stereo (car had a CD player installed but was not hacked, although there are some small paint nicks in the dash around the opening....can be touched up I just never did it)
*Door panel carpets were recovered to fix hideous door speaker mod.
*Original exhaust had rust-through and was not salvageable. Currently has Mac O/R H pipe with Pypes Violator cat-back (the only real mod on the car)
*Original clutch was replaced with OEM spec, and rear seal was replaced with Felpro at the same time....still leaks some from rear area.
*Paint is a ~8 out of 10. There are signs the side panels were repainted...no idea why. There are some nicks that have been touched up. As an original car with mostly original paint this car is a great looker and has won awards. If you are looking for ALL original, perfect paint this is not it. Of course you will pay a premium for time-capsule/perfect 10 cars like I am about to do. If you are looking for a great car for its age, one that can be driven and shown as an original unrestored classification.....then this is the car.
*Original and replacement vert boot are included.
*Original Marchal fogs included and working.
*Original and lesser quality (for driving) Marchal fog covers are included
*Hood pad replaced with Late Model Restoration piece
*Air lid replaced with Saleen style chrome. Original included but shows typical wear.
*10 Hole wheels have been polished on the face and acid etched and painted light charcoal in the holes and valleys.
*Wheels ride on late gen Goodyear Eagle GT II's with very good tread life.
*Radiator replaced with an all copper/brass Ready Rad piece that looks OEM original, but it does have blocked trans cooler lines. The original leaks but is included.
*Carb recently rebuilt to spec and performs fantastic...and the choke works great.
*All power options function (top, locks, windows, cruise)
*Air conditioner is not charged....I never needed it because I drive with the top down 90% of time.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you think I am crazy, thats fine but please tell me why. If you are interested please email me at sowaxeman@jdsaleen.com

The car is located south side of Indianapolis, IN
Nada Value is: HIGH $10,900 AVERAGE $8,200

This car clearly fits between Average and High so I belive splitting the middle is fair. I am asking $9,000 but will listen to negotiations. I realize the economy sucks, but I am not forced to sell. This is the right car for the right buyer. If that buyer doesn't exist, then I will keep it and keep the T-topper on the back burner.