New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

What’s up everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Snake
1st Gear Member

Default What’s up everyone?

Hello everyone! I'm new here, obviously. When I was 16 (9 long years ago) I bought my first mustang from my cousin. It's an 87gt, got the car for 4 grand, and it had 44 thousand on it. Quite a bargain, my cousin must really love me. </P>

Sadly, I was an irresponsible teenager. I didn't take very good care of the car, got in a few accidents, didn't wash it as much as I should have, it started rusting, yadda yadda. After the car refused to pass emissions, my parents paniced and made me get a new car, something that would pass...</P>

Naturally, I bought another mustang. This time around I got a 93 notch 5.0, was a cop car in california supposedly. So basically I've grown to love these cars just like everyone here i'm sure has. </P>

Since i'm fixing up the 87, and since NEITHER car passes emissions, i'm going to be here asking a lot of questions from now on. Nice to meet you all.</P>
Old 06-05-2003, 03:05 PM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

See if different spark plugs and camshaft help reduce emmisions. Did you do stuff to the exaust?
Old 06-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Snake
1st Gear Member

Just flowmasters on both... Other than that they are both stock. Bumped the timing up a tad but brought it back down to 10 for the tests... I even put new cats on the newer one... totally stumped