New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:48 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Default New!

I have been reading this forum for quite some time, and now I felt it was time to start posting here as well.

I am currently living in the Netherlands, and busy acquiring my K1 visa so I can marry my girl in the States. I will have my final interview on the 25th of July, and will be leaving for Plano-TX the 9th of October. I’ll be marrying my Jennifer on the 9th of December this year. How does this compute with a mustang forum? Check out the avatar. Yes folks, she got herself a 2005 GT!

She wanted to trade in her 99 v6 stang for something newer. She had been looking for a mini cooper S works. We are talking 2004 here. The mags where full with the 05's. I basically put 2 car mags together, one featuring the cooper, the other featuring the 05. Price? 05's cheaper. Hp? 05's got more 0-60 and top end? 05's faster. Looks? Hell... don't even go there... The mini is a cool car, but the 05... That’s like comparing an ice cube with an iceberg!

In the end she saw it my way, and she even got a stick. She keeps saying she wanted a stick herself. But without me, there would have been a mini in her driveway. When I went over in the summer of 2005 she couldn’t drive it very well, so I got to break her in. That was a lot of fun. We went to San Antonio with it. She drove up, I drove down. Needless to say I averaged 65 including city driving from door to door. And nearly got a heart attack when suddenly some lights came on behind a sign. They really do stand behind those was my first reaction. My girl’s reaction was more like “panic” you’re going to get a ticket… and you’re a guest in this country… You should behave. Yes, easier said than done when you have 300 horses to play with.

Once I have my work permit (can take from a couple of weeks to more than a year… the USA is no joke…) and find myself a job I’ll most likely buy a 2004 GT. I like the looks of the 1999-2004 model years, and they offer enough fun for the buck. I don’t want to end up in something Japanese.

But what about mileage? We pay around 7 dollars a gallon now here in the Netherlands, so I’ll be laughing at the pump every time… While I see you bitching…

Cheers,

~Cees (pronounced like the word “case”)
Old 07-24-2006, 03:33 AM
andrewclark
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New!

welcome man, how is it in the "lands" ? i like the look of the 99-04's too. 7$ a gallon!!!! thats crazy!!! man
Old 07-24-2006, 04:35 AM
SikGT
3rd Gear Member

Damn, 7 bucks is a lot for gas. You'll feel like a king down here. Well anyways congrats on your engagement and welcome.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

andrewclark: Here in the netherlands we are having a nice summer for a change. More sun and less rain. All hail global warming...

SikGT: 7 bucks is indeed a lot. And I will feel like a king. Hell, even if I drove a viper around town in the states I would pay less per mile then I do now driving my current car. (Peugeot 405).

Thanks for the congrats'!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Wow the Netherlands. Cool. Have fun.