New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 06:08 AM
IH8RICE

Default Newbie

Well I dont actually have a mustang, YET! I really wondering what you guys think of your mustangs? I'm looking at 99-newer GT 5 speed. I love the looks and performance parts are plentifull. I currentlt own a heavily modified 94 Dodge Ram(first year of the good body style) But before I go Ford, and sell my Ram, I would like some honest options about YOUR cars. ANY problems i should know about? How about recalls? Is the car easy to service? I'm going to college right now studing to be a machanic. I would like my own vehicle to be easy to work on. Thank you guys for your help.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:28 PM
WhiteHawk
2nd Gear Member

Default Newbie

IH8Rice, (ps, I H8 m 2, except when eatin them)</P>

I have had 3 Mustangs, and own 2morenow, 2 nissans (yes, i confess...my younger years) an SUV. the V6, 2000 thatmy GF drives now is aconvertible- The new mustangs are nice (cause youth is nice) but they are not as easy to work with as the older ones. (computers, chips etc...which means you would have to take it somewhere orown your own analyzers and stuff) You also have to consider the warranty and what you can or cannot do without voiding it. - Being that you want to study Mechanics or even better Mechanical Engineering then the new type may not be a bad way to go. ---- The older ones, are easier to work with, cheaper to modify, being older probably means it's already paid for, you don't have to worry about warranty stuff, parts galore and junkyard galore, more ppl to consult bout the old ones simply because they have just been around longer. -- </P>

so I guess for you it comes down to a matter of preference and looking into your future in mechanics. -- I'm partial to the 90-94 era, but considering your future studies, 99 and up may not be a bad way to go. You are young enough to be agressive in your choice. </P>

Good luck, hope it helps!</P>

</P>

</P>