New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new member here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:13 PM
yankeesfan1

Default new member here...

Hello, I just registered and am looking forward to conversing with you guys about these beautiful machines.. Well I havent yet purchased my mustang but I am considering it in the near future (1 month or so). My concern is the winter with this vehicle. I live in Central NY where we get alot of snow and am worried about rear wheel drive in the winter. I know how my truck drives in the winterbut my truck also weighs 6000 lbs. Basically I was wondering if I could get some insight from others who are driving the new style stangs in the northeast where snow is abundant.

I have always loved mustangs but could never convince myself to get one. I am a 25 yr old college grad who cant find a decent job with his existing degree so I am going back in January to pursue a public justice degree with hopes of becoming a corrections officer or even sheriff or trooper.

I went and test drove my firsst Mustang this afternoon and I fell in love with it. it was an 07 GT, same engine as my truck but alot more *****....

So if anyone could please help me out with this info I would greatly appreciate it. please convince me that this vehicle will be perfectly fine in the winter. thanks and I hope to talk with alot of you more often.

Matt
Old 10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: new member here...

ORIGINAL: yankeesfan1

Hello, I just registered and am looking forward to conversing with you guys about these beautiful machines.. Well I havent yet purchased my mustang but I am considering it in the near future (1 month or so). My concern is the winter with this vehicle. I live in Central NY where we get alot of snow and am worried about rear wheel drive in the winter. I know how my truck drives in the winterbut my truck also weighs 6000 lbs. Basically I was wondering if I could get some insight from others who are driving the new style stangs in the northeast where snow is abundant.

I have always loved mustangs but could never convince myself to get one. I am a 25 yr old college grad who cant find a decent job with his existing degree so I am going back in January to pursue a public justice degree with hopes of becoming a corrections officer or even sheriff or trooper.
I went and test drove my firsst Mustang this afternoon and I fell in love with it. it was an 07 GT, same engine as my truck but alot more *****....

So if anyone could please help me out with this info I would greatly appreciate it. please convince me that this vehicle will be perfectly fine in the winter. thanks and I hope to talk with alot of you more often.

Matt
Welcome to the forums... I'll let someone else comment on handling in snow since i dont see any in southern texas... you didnt say what degree you had, but check out federal law enforcement if/when you get a BA/BS... $90K in 3-4 years aint bad...
Old 10-01-2006, 09:21 PM
yankeesfan1

I have a BS in Biology... So with the old degree and the new one DEC is a possibilty as well...
Old 10-01-2006, 09:35 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forums. Yeap, don't know yet how it would handle in the snow since I bought it this summer, but will see. Although it snows not as much here in VA as in NY.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:46 PM
yankeesfan1

well the one mustang that i test drove today had all season pirelli tires on it and had traction control. So that is somewhat comforting plus I would buy a Shurtrax for the trunk if it felt squirrelly during the winter. I have a shurtrax for my truck and it adds about 400 lbs of weight to the back end...

http://www.shurtrax.com/auto.asp

with the auto one it adds 100 lbs and all you do is fill it up with water...
Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forum
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
40th_Stang
2nd Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:51 PM
captainxanax
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, good luck on your purchase.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:38 PM
yankeesfan1

So does anyone have experience with winter driving in northeast us with the new style yet?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:52 PM
TeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF

Quick Reply: new member here...