New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New kid...(Updated w/ Pics )

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:11 PM
TickleMyElmo

Default New kid...(Updated w/ Pics )

Hey MFers, just dropping by to say hi. I just bought a 2003 V6, with the pony package I believe ( And by I, I mean my dad ) But anyways, the car is mine Its a 2003 "Dark Shadow Grey Meteallic" with the hood scoop and such. Im 16 by the way, so I didnt get a GT ( Insurance, and gas were the main deterents since my dad is paying for the car and gas/insurance untill I can get a job in the summer- and the fact that I would really rather just get used to driving before buying anything overly fast )

Anyways, as mentioned it was a '03 with 11,935 miles for $14k OTD. Not a bad deal if you ask me

Dad took it for a test drive, and we basically abused it [:-] Everything from hard accleration to hard braking to weaving back and forth ( Nobody was around - Industrial road in a big circle ) It performed amazing. What really surpirsed me was the handling. I always hear people say how bad mustang handling is but the steering was very tight and resposive. Only problem was their was a tiny bit of shaking in the steering wheel, but it may have been caused by the tires. Luckily my dad has been friends with a guy who owns a tire store for a long time, so we'll slap on some new tires right away. Free tires for life = good.

I might not actually have the car yet, still waiting to see if the loan is ok'd. I really hope it gets approved [&:] Did'nt matter though since there was no way to get it home ( Me and my dad went in his truck - I have to be 17 to drive by myself ) Anyways if everything goes according to plan, the salesman said he would have it sent out for a wash/wax/detaling job and then call us Monday to see what our schedules were like to see when we can pick it up. As soon as I do get it ( If I do ) Ill be sure to post up some pics.

Although I sure hope the wash/detaling comes with gas because when we got in the gas tank was almost empty [:-]

Planned mods include : Air freshener after hazardous yet nice smelling new car smell goes away , and weight reduction ( Im not gonna wear any underwear )
Old 10-14-2006, 09:27 PM
BakoLuke
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New kid...

welcome to the forums! post pics if you get the stang
Old 10-14-2006, 10:01 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum....your heard the man..pics, pics, pics!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:53 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums...
Old 10-15-2006, 05:09 PM
anthony7676
1st Gear Member

Hope you get it man and yes post some pics.
Welcome to the forum there is alot of good helpful people here. Enjoy!!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 10-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, theres tons of great people here full of great usefull info. And dont get scared away by jokes , they might seem mean at times, but no harm intended. Enjoy your stay, and yea, POST SOME PICS
Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

cool welcome--try to get those pics up soon as possible
Old 10-16-2006, 04:10 AM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

welcome. pics?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
TickleMyElmo

Ahhhhhhhh! This is killin me! I just found out the loan is approved and all but now my dad came home and said he doesnt know when he'll be able to pick it up, depends on when he can get a ride. And that " Its not liek were in a hurry " DANGIT I WANTED TO DRIVE IT HOME! ROAR. I havnt even been able to drive it once yet. And insrance still has to call him back which who knows how long that will take. GAHHHH! [>:][:@]

Sorry I know that came across as a spoiled whine-baby complaining but I just really want to drive it!

Quick Reply: New kid...(Updated w/ Pics )