New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I JUST joined about multiple coils!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:25 AM
brianradomski

Default I JUST joined about multiple coils!!

I am refferred to here by another ford forum. If any one here would please: I am totally anxious to research adapting/installing multiple coils, a coil for each cylinder onto, well I own 3 vehicles they are 1980s models. 2 vehicles ARE fords one has a 302 the little wagon an inline 6 the 200 cubic inch.
A few months ago it was mentioned to me the inefficincy of ONE coil for the whole engine. What about this adaptation/upgrade: to leave the traditional ignition system INTACT:coil, distributor, and rotor. BUT rather than cable and spark plug, connect to each contact at the distributor a separate standard coil that would in turn feed each spark plug individually. IF this works it HAS to be more efficient.
MY CONCERN is that since the coil is designed to recieve a SMALL current and boost that current to what 30,000 volts..........once the boosted current has past the rotor how weak is it thus.........would at most 30,000 volts burn out a standard coil??? will the coil even boost potentially 30,000 volts???
purchasing high tech coils heavy duty high performance coils is cost CANT DO IT would standrad coils tolerate that much incoming voltage?? What about resistors before the second coils??? THANK YOU FOLKS ANXIOUS FOR REPLIES tell me my idea will work please!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:17 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I JUST joined about multiple coils!!

Welcome to the forum. I'll let the pro's answer your question.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:35 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums... If you dont get your questions answered here, post in the model specific forum... youll probably get a better response...
Old 11-05-2006, 12:18 PM
brianradomski

MODEL SPECIFIC FORUM...............very new to forums. So I need to go back into this site and search specifically for "model specific forums" I beg your patience with me please....... by all and every means thank you all for the welcome and the tip instructions!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:37 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Yes, welcome to the forums, model specific forums will be your best bet.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:36 PM
BakoLuke
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the forums!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:07 PM
brianradomski

Default RE: multiple coils and specific model forum

Especially and particularly "specific model forum" is that a completely different forum than this altogether??? Is specific model forum a part/section of THIS mustang forum??? At this point I AM rather lost where to go with my inquiry.
Totally grateful for the referall to go to to specific forums but where is it how do I get there please? Is anyone tempted to reply "cant get there from here????? THANKS FOLKS.......WHERE AND HOW PLEASE???
Old 11-06-2006, 12:57 AM
TeeStang
3rd Gear Member

It is part of this site. You want to look for the 5.0 section and the six cylinder section. It is below the introductions forum on the main forum page. (where all the different forums are) Welcome to MF
Old 11-06-2006, 01:08 AM
tokinGLX
duke of herb

if you look into the 5.0 section, youll probably find lots of people with knowlege to help you along your way. the reason there are model specific areas is just to keep thing clean between the 4/6 cylinders, the classics, the 302 years and the 4.6 models. welcome to the forums.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:48 PM
brianradomski

Between my girl and your directions here we found the 5.0 section!! So not only THANK you for even THAT help and your welcome but in addition, I have seen a post by "amanda"??? that scolded "no tech questions in the new joined" section. I have wonderd if that was directed towards me or not.
O.k. I did wrong I jumped RIGHT into this forum and began babbling befroe i made any introductions. But I did so though with the most honoable intentions I certainly meant no harm or offense. I am oh so excited to research "my" idea for an upgraded EFFICIENT ignition system that could and should help me keep my old timers maintained to keep passing inspection. So Thank you folks, I hope all is forgiven!!

Quick Reply: I JUST joined about multiple coils!!