New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:03 PM
79MercCapri
1st Gear Member

Default hello everyone

hey guys/gurls, whats up? im 17 and live in Maryland. my first car was a 1979 Mercury Capri GHIA 5.0, but sadly she was totaled becuase of my stupidity. I now have an 87 Mustang lx 4 banger, that im dropping a new motor into come spring time. Just to mess around with the Stang i started putting the Capri's interior in and soon im gonna do the sail panels and maybe even convert the front to a Capri so i can relive the good ole days lmao. If not that i plan on getting the GT or maybe the Cobra kit on the Stang.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:22 PM
79MercCapri
1st Gear Member

Default RE: hello everyone

THE BEASTLY 87 4 BANGER

THE INFAMOUS 79 CAPRI!!!

93 MUSTANG GT!

The story behind this car was that my brother got rid of it because it was having some problems, just to find out that it was because the guys who installed the new tranny in didnt use threadlock on the bolts so they came out and so the tranny was basically falling out of the car. He traded the car to a buddy of ours for a truck and we got rid of the truck, since the guys in the Marines hes leaving for Irag on the 4th and my bros buying the Mustang back from him for 1500!!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:25 PM
79MercCapri
1st Gear Member

THE BEASTLY 87 4 BANGER

THE INFAMOUS 79 CAPRI!!!

93 MUSTANG GT!

The story behind this car was that my brother got rid of it because it was having some problems, just to find out that it was because the guys who installed the new tranny in didnt use threadlock on the bolts so they came out and so the tranny was basically falling out of the car. He traded the car to a buddy of ours for a truck and we got rid of the truck, since the guys in the Marines hes leaving for Irag on the 4th and my bros buying the Mustang back from him for 1500!!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:57 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:20 PM
79MercCapri
1st Gear Member

Thank you

just out of curiousty, has anyone done anything similiar to this..?

pulling the motor from an 87-93 mustang 4cyl. and dropping in a EFI motor from a 88 thunderbird, but instead of running EFI running a Carb'd set up with a 4spd tranmission. o and the 4cyl was an automatic so i have to put the pedal assembly along with running new gas lines and all that shidbit