New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:59 AM
CommonSense

Default Hello

Hello. My name is John and I reside in New Jersey. I've been reading through these fourms often but only registered today. I have very limited knowledge about modifications and the tuning of cars however I am a big mustang fan, don't really know why though. I have friends with Z's, RX-8's, Civicsand etc. but I don't find them very appealing, something about a Mustang seems to draw me in.

Now this is where people would expect me to type up a list of modifications however I have one problem, I do not actually own a Mustang. Furthermore I don't own a car.However, I am in the process of purchasing one but first I need some opinions. At the moment I have three cars in mind and would appreciate if anyone could help me "choose the right one" out of the three. (Keep in mind all of these are stock or have had very minimal work put into it) I have been looking at an...

- 02' GT
- 00' GT
- 04' V6
- All are automatic (As my parents have a strong say in what car I am getting as I can not possibly purchase one myself)
- All around the same price range (The 04' being the cheapest, the 02' being the most expensive, leaving the 00' snug in the middle)
- Color isn't much of factor for me, however black is always a plus (Sadly, none are black)
- The mileage on them being about the same, high 50,000 to low 60,000
- Shipping also not being much of a problem

Out of those three (Listed above) which would be my best bet to purchase? Although being my first car I do wish to put what money I can into whichever I buy.

(This is a long introduction [&:])

Thanks for the time and any help is much appreciated.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:54 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello

where in nj are u??
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 AM
CommonSense

Northern Jersey, Bergen County to be exact...
Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums John!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Roaddane
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF. You are definitely the smartest among your friends, opting for a Mustang .

Of the 3 listed, my choice would be the 2002 GT. The newer the better, and you'll kick yourself for getting a V6 after about a week. And try to talk the parental units into a 5 speed, ups the fun factor 10 times.