New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Sumguy30
2nd Gear Member

Default Hello!!

Hey I'm Rick from Alabama. I dont have a mustang but I'm seriously looking into it. My current car is a '01 Eclipse GT andI'm just tired of it. I've been looking at Mustangs and Pontiac GTO's but I think the mustang would be better even though the GTO has a begger engine. I've been thinking about a Mustang GT or MAYBE the Shelby GT500 but those are just so expensive.I refuse to get the V6 version and I will not ever own something in automatic transmission. The way I see it, if you cant drive a stick or handle some extra power, you have no business driving something like this.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:00 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello!!

ORIGINAL: Sumguy30

Hey I'm Rick from Alabama. I dont have a mustang but I'm seriously looking into it. My current car is a '01 Eclipse GT andI'm just tired of it. I've been looking at Mustangs and Pontiac GTO's but I think the mustang would be better even though the GTO has a begger engine. I've been thinking about a Mustang GT or MAYBE the Shelby GT500 but those are just so expensive.I refuse to get the V6 version and I will not ever own something in automatic transmission. The way I see it, if you cant drive a stick or handle some extra power, you have no business driving something like this.
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post wrong or if you're contradicting yourself though. You can't get a non-GT that isn't a sixxer. The GT is the lowest V8 version of the Mustang. You may have been referring tojust the GT500 though which I agree, is too expensive right now. For you're price range I'd say to go something like an Edge Cobra Terminator, Shelby GT, or one of the special edition new Mustangs. GTO is a great car too with a great engine but I've never been into the styling.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Welcome, browse here for a while, it'll greatly help your decision making
Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 AM
Sumguy30
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67Sally

ORIGINAL: Sumguy30

Welcome to Mustang Forums.

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post wrong or if you're contradicting yourself though. You can't get a non-GT that isn't a sixxer. The GT is the lowest V8 version of the Mustang. You may have been referring tojust the GT500 though which I agree, is too expensive right now. For you're price range I'd say to go something like an Edge Cobra Terminator, Shelby GT, or one of the special edition new Mustangs. GTO is a great car too with a great engine but I've never been into the styling.
I'm sorry I confused you. I was referring to the GT500. I know the Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500 are different.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:59 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:05 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums...auto are fun to drive too...
Old 03-31-2007, 03:45 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

So the GT is easily in your price range but the GT 500 is a little pricey. Get one of these:

Shelby GT

New Edge Cobra

Roush and Saleen are respectable cars too but they're still pretty expensive.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Sumguy30
2nd Gear Member

I've pretty much made up my mind on a Mustang GT. I dont know anything about mods and racing andstuff like that but eventually I'll get there....well maybe not the racing part lol.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Sumguy30
2nd Gear Member

Finally got my car!!!!!! 2006 GT Premium
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM
blacksheeps11
1st Gear Member

When you get your mustang, you'll instantly start learning about racing. Every camaro, firebird, and ricer (no offence to your current car, you've obviously seen the light) will want to square off at stop lights.
Welcome to the Forums, enjoy!!!