New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
joshes

Default Hello from Indonesia

Hi everyone, I live in a place where Mustangs is a rare species. Importing used cars is prohitbited! Importing new Mustangs cost 300% Custom duties!! Dig that! Thanks to government's tight laws in importing.

However, during the 60's Ford Motor tried to sell Stangs but unsuccesful (???) However, those bright people who bought the Mustangs left us few to play with! Some returning student, at that time, could beinrg cars - the rest were just rich government officials who imported directly from US. So we are left with, possibly, 100 stangs to play between 100milion people or so

Guys and gals, you are lucky to live where Stangs are everywhere. Well, we try our best to live with what we got.

Last intro word - not too technical though, I am about to purchase 1971 Grande Coupe but my dream car is 1971 MACH 1. I do not have the privilege to open the local 'car for sale' ads and choose which Mach 1 I'd prefer to buy - so, any advise if I can convert a Grande Coupe into Mach 1? Anyone ever heard of that being done in US or other place? I checked the chassis- and it looks similar between the two.

Sorry if I am being slightly techie - but any info would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you all!
Josh
Old 07-15-2007, 11:04 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello from Indonesia

wow ..welcome to the forums