New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Many questions SVT engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Saleen or SVT

Default Many questions SVT engines

Ok first of im only 14 and i dont own a mustang (Yet) , im looking to buy an '03/'04 terminator, or a Saleen. I'm leaning towards the SVT so if i put a Kenne Bell supercharger on it will i have any problems with the engine?

And since I can't legally drive yet i'm looking to go up in HP with Over-Time, Plus i have to buy my own parts.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Many questions SVT engines

Well you got ALOT of time before you own a car yourself?
And are you going to be paying for your own car/mods, because you will need a very good job.
The terminators run an average of $25k now and probably not too much less over the next couple of years.

Also will your parents allow you to get a car with such horsepower. I mean 400hp is nothing to play around with especially at the young age of 16 and just starting to drive legally, you can very hurt yourself and others on the road especially if you slap a roots blower on in it.

And to answer your question, No; you will not have any problems with the engine unless the supercharger is installed improperly.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Saleen or SVT

I have 30,000 in my bank account. I'm not gunna come up short. I posted this in the wrong place. but I moved it. I's not only my car im going to share it with my dad he's always wanted a real car.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Saleen or SVT

I have 30,000 in my bank account. I'm not gunna come up short. I posted this in the wrong place. but I moved it. I's not only my car im going to share it with my dad he's always wanted a real car.
[sm=insomnia.gif]Your money?

If you don't mind me asking, how did a young dude such as yourself get $30k?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Speedy911
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Durr727

ORIGINAL: Saleen or SVT

[sm=insomnia.gif]Your money?

If you don't mind me asking, how did a young dude such as yourself get $30k?
Easy, you make it up.
Welcome to the forums by the way.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Saleen or SVT

nope. my mom died she left me some money, I work 2 jobs, I de-tassel corn for 3 weeks every summer like 360$ a week. not to shabby.and I mow my lawn and 2 others for 10-20$ a week each lawn I've been mowing for 4 years. detassel'd for 1 so far and been workin for a year aswell.

so that how I make my money and I rarely spend a dime.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 PM
StylinM6s
2nd Gear Member

Wow and I thought I was young at 17 getting a 98 cobra soon. My first car is a mazda6 and with the v6 manual it is a quick car with 230 hp with intake but I strongly recommend just getting a car for yourself that doesn't have too much power until your used to driving until you can handle a fast car. Trust me starting out with a fast car is how most teenagers get into accidents. Why you think teenagers are at the highest risk? There are sooo many stories with teens and fast cars and how their life ends.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
way2ccky
2nd Gear Member

Wow.. My first car was a 4 cylinder Pontiac Sunfire with absolutely no power... I didn't get my gt until I could afford it when I turned 23.. Good luck with the purchase though.. And be safe.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Saleen or SVT

i wanna keep the car till i die.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:27 PM
GoonMX
1st Gear Member

good, because if you get a terminator when learning to drive death will be knocking on your door.

Quick Reply: Many questions SVT engines