New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

THATS RIGHT.. IMA NEWBIE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
bricox171

Default THATS RIGHT.. IMA NEWBIE!

i just joined this forum a week ago and ive already found it to be very helpful. i own a 1993 mustang notch with a 2.3L NA. i bought the car from a guy that had aspirations of making it a streetrod/drag car, but he had his eyes on something else. so he sold me this car for $2000. the car only had 85,000 original miles on it and ive always been a mustang freak, so what better place to start then with this car. ive just put the odometer over the 100,000 mark and its still going strong. ive replaced the rearend twice, once becuz i thought the problem was the rear end but it really wasnt, then the second time was becuz the used one i had bought was bad and leaking horribly. now the original one is back in there and going strong. the AC doesnt work, im in the process of getting that fixed. the RPM gauge is being weird. my normal idle RPM is 750, but its been idling at 500 and the check engine light keeps coming on, while its idling fairly rough. my bro believes its the throttle postioning sensor, so im replacing that soon. also the steering is starting to go out. whenever i put a load on the front left tire, it makes a popping noise as i turn the steering wheel back straight. i wanna say its the entire rack and pinion steering but it may just be the power steering bearings or box itself, idk. if anyone knows what the answer to any of the problems are, feel free to email me and lemme know whats up. ive also become a master at rebuilding drum brakes. seein' as ive done it 4 times now! so im sure i can try my best to help anyone out with any problems they might have! well im glad i found this place. ill be posting pix of my car as soon as i get a camera, and well.... as soon as i WASH it!! lol

Brian
Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: THATS RIGHT.. IMA NEWBIE!

Welcome to the forums Brian.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: THATS RIGHT.. IMA NEWBIE!

Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of useful information on here.