New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Fast68coupe

Default Hello

Figure I sign up for every other car forum for the cars I have... and since I now have a 68 mustang I will sign up for this one.

Anyways Hi! I am a profesisonal automotive techinician and I bought this from one of our customers last week. :-) Very fun car, its getting dyno tuned next week should be around 400 hp... I really never thought I would own a muscle car, I really like the looks but I really dislike driving them. This one is full race which is really the only reason I would consider driving/owning it. I also have a 07 subaru wrx (wifes car) and I drive a 91 fully built nissan 240sx.

Here is a pic of my rediculous ride... It's a 347 fully built nothing stock motor, tremac 5spd, detriot locker rear end, frame strengthened, full suspension 4 piston big brakes front, rear disc conversion. The guy spent a rediculous amount of money on it. I am putting a rollcage and a 10gal fuel cell in it, fix up a few minor door dings (Grr) Other than that the car is perfect in every way, would be nice to do power steering and power brakes, but its not a daily driver at 3 mpg :-P hopefully more after the demon gets tuned and rejetted.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hello

You input the links wrong, cant see it. [&:]
Old 09-01-2007, 03:39 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, very nice 68, yea I can see how 3mpg would not allow that to be a daily driver.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:47 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Love classics, welcome.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Mr. Classic EFI
2nd Gear Member

You've got a Stang, a lot of guys would do mayhem for. Nice acquisition.
There are several ways to upgrade the quality of the suspension, I'd suggest you read up on the subject , before making any decisions of what you'll do. That said, check out http://home.bresnan.net/~dazed/DazeCars, and the suspension up grades, Daze has doccumented. I have most of the front suspension mods on mine, incredible handling difference.
Welcome to the forum, see Ya in the classic area.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:59 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Fast68coupe

What do you mean, it has full suspension already :-)

like I said the guy went all out... there really is almost NOTHING stock :-P lol

I like how it handles... no power steering can be a issue (its got a quicker ratio rack) which makes it better, but still I like how it handles, no body roll :-)
Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board, very nice!