New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Clemsongirl07

Default Help!!

I'm in the process of buying my first mustang and I had a few questions. I feel like the dealerships have been giving me the run-around because I am a female, so I wanted to get some opinions from here because I know you guys know!! I want an 06 or 07 v6. One dealership said "you don't want the pony package" but I like that package and I don't know why he would say that (other than he didn't have oneonthe lotwith the pony package to sell me) and another dealership said that the 06 models did not have the pony package yet and I would have to get the 07. Can someone clear me up on this before I sign any papers!! Thank you!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:59 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help!!

Welcome to the board, to get the answers to your questions, post this up in the 05 and up section on the main page. You will get more exposure there. I hate stealerships, they all lie!!!!! Post up some pics when you get a deal made and get it home.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Clemsongirl07

ok, Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Welcome! I would go with an 07, and get the pony package. Don't let them jerk you around. If you wanted a v6 with the pony package, and they do not have it at the dealer, they can factory order for you. Which takes about a month or two. This way you are the first one to drive it and sit in it and what have you. They can order it how you want, color, options, wheels, brakes, etc. Now, if they say that "you do not want a pony package,", and they do not have any, they are too lazy to get one. So, next time, tell them this is what you or, unless you don't want my business. Good luck, let me know what you go with. What color are you deciding?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Welcome and good luck on your purchase.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Clemsongirl07

I'm wanting a Black. I really would like the 07. But its pushing it with me finacially. I just listed my jeep online today though, so if I could outright sell it I would definitely be able to get the 07!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:52 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome. You as the customer have the power. Not the other way around. One trick I use is get one dealer agains the other. They love the competition and get your business. I would also recommend you don't buy a car alone or at least don't go by your self. Get someone to go with you and help out.