New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Beta

Default Hello

Hey whats up. A couple of months ago i got a '93 mustang lx hatchback the engine is mostly stock with some hoses and small components that have been replaced its clean and runs well but its a 2.3 and I want it to be faster. The outside doesnt need as much work as the engine itself. I want to buy and install another 2.3 thats in better condition although id have to switch mine from an auto to a manual but i was wondering is it cheaper to just fix mine or remove and install the other one and how long should it take if i have someone there that knows what they are doing. I dont know much about cars thats why i wanna work on this so much to learn and its got TONS of rooom under the hood.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 AM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hello

Broda, fork over the cash and grab a 351 or 302, you'll never look back if that's all your goin for.

If you want power, I suggest you go to AJE get the swap components, Amp the tranny, and Moser the rear end get a DSS 4V Long Block 5.0 Modular and slap a KB 2.8 comp on it, just an idea, it'd cost a bit though, like 12k engine stuff alone, bout 12 k more get things setup.

But 2.3's are not a sin, they're alright...
Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Beta

lol nah man i dont want it to be so fast i lose gas milage im just slightly embarassed at my slow mustang id like it to be able to beat a damn 1990 honda accord V6 and i dont have 12k im 17 and make 200 a week. Just wannt get it running better and a little faster. without all the performance parts just get a stock 302 or 351 how much do they run for in good shape?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:21 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.