New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Black 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:56 PM
xp

Default Black 05 GT

Hey Fellas,

I just got my GT today. What are you guys using to get the s**t eatin grins off your faces? I can't go back to work looking like this, my boss will think I'm up to something.

Ford needs to promote the design team that came up with this car. I've always been interested in Mustangs, but this is the first modern (post 1967) that ever slapped me in the face and said "buy me now idiot". I traded in a 2004 Maxima SE for this beast. Obviously some ammenities are now gone, but I'll get over it when I put my first Maxima in the rearview mirror.

On the way home I stopped at a gas station to get a drink, and I didn't even make it out of the car before someone was standing at my door peering in. I got out and he gave me the third degree. Horsepower? Torque? Price? How fast does it go? Once in the store, the clerk asked half a dozen questions, and outside the store, some guy across the parking lot asked if it was new, who had them etc.. I've never owned a car that turned more heads than the GT. That's not why I bought it, but it is cool to be noticed.

Anyway, 2005 Deluxe GT Black/Charcoal, Interior Sport Appearance Package, Shaker 500, Polished Wheels. I've got a lot of reading to do. Look forward to getting to know some of you.

John

PS I'll get some pics up soon. Gotta go drive now
Old 03-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Black 05 GT

Congrat's on the car, and welcome to the forums.

When I had my 05 GT,redfire metalic, parked on the street outside a two story shop, in downtown Indy, last week. People kept stopping and looking at, and in her. It was funny. One guy stood there so long looking in that I used the remote to honk the horn, and flash the lights. Scared the h3ll out of him. I laughed from the second story window.

Enjoy !!

Any trouble filling your tank, mine doesn't take gas well. See the post under 05's.

Here's the link:
https://mustangforums.com/m_415073/tm.htm
Old 03-12-2005, 10:53 PM
xp

Too funny beeping at the guy. You're only about 2 hours away, I'm in Columbus. I've read about the gas issue, but haven't tried to put fuel in it yet. I've only put 100 miles on it so far. I've been telling myself 'it'll take fuel fine, it'll take fuel fine, it'll take fuel fine'. Hopefully it will.

Take 'er easy,

J
Old 03-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

I have struggled all 4 times I have filled up. I have 1200 miles on mine. I drove it hard tonight going from the west side of Indy (I actually live over by the 500 track), to south of Indy. I plan to do a couple of hundred miles tomorrow, weather permitting.

I may not take my car in for the tank swap, any time soon. I am enjopying it to much. As I understand it, it's safe, just not vented well, so the pump handle kicks off a lot while filling.

I used to stay in Columbus, when I took my 72 Duster, 440 6pk, transplant to the Mopar Nationals, at National Trail Raceway. I traded her for a Harley last fall, bought the 05 GT, and am having a ball. I don't miss the 5-6 mpg. Sure she accelerated like a rocket, but the handling like a drunk cow, I shall never miss !!

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-12-2005, 11:15 PM
xp

I imagine the tank swap can be done later when she's not so new. I'm sure if I have problems I'll wait for a while too. My last fast car was an 86 IROC that my son and built an Edlebrock RPM Performer Package for. Edlebrock said if you followed their specs that it would do 400+hp and 425+ ft/lb.

I have a new favorite now:

[IMG]local://upfiles/13903/7646D886A3D048F49C3B07A3F2D4FED0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

No offense to the IROC, I wanted one until my friend told me how much gas he was using.

Your 05 Tang, is a looker, a runner, and decent on fuel !! ]

You WIN !!
Old 03-12-2005, 11:48 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Nice looking car man. Welcome to the forums. Have fun and good luck with your new car. The excitement won't go away for a while. I still get a smirk on my face when I slam the gas to the floor.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:09 AM
xp

ORIGINAL: Higgie

No offense to the IROC, I wanted one until my friend told me how much gas he was using.

You WIN !!
Higgie: With that Edlebrock package, mileage was out of control. This was about 5 years ago, so gas was still reasonable, but it was still way too spendy. I agree with your assessment though. Ford hit the nail squarely on the head with the 05. With the success/backorders they have, I'm really excited to see what they come up with in the next revision - 07/08 timeframe. My 04 Maxima never got above 25mpg on the highway, and I normally got 18-19 around town, so this is definitely a win.

blueangelfightr: Thanks. Glad to be here. One thing that keeps my attention is horsepower. This is one car that will probably remain in the stable for a long time.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:18 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xp

You WIN !!
Higgie: With that Edlebrock package, mileage was out of control. This was about 5 years ago, so gas was still reasonable, but it was still way too spendy. I agree with your assessment though. Ford hit the nail squarely on the head with the 05. With the success/backorders they have, I'm really excited to see what they come up with in the next revision - 07/08 timeframe. My 04 Maxima never got above 25mpg on the highway, and I normally got 18-19 around town, so this is definitely a win.

blueangelfightr: Thanks. Glad to be here. One thing that keeps my attention is horsepower. This is one car that will probably remain in the stable for a long time.
No problem. Thats what this section is for. Have fun!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:37 AM
xp

Any trouble filling your tank, mine doesn't take gas well. See the post under 05's.

Here's the link:
https://mustangforums.com/m_415073/tm.htm
I put about 10 gallons in today and the nozzle didn't quit until she was filled up. No problems at all. [sm=itsok.gif]

Quick Reply: Black 05 GT