New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

Default New here

Hey guys, i just bought a 2008 Mustang GT 2 days ago. I don't know where my camera is right now so i have no pics of it. It's torch red (i believe) with 2black stripes from front to back. It's the premium package with the HID headlights, leather interior, shaker 500, etc. 5 speed.

I honestly don't know much about how cars work but i'm really wanting to learn. I plan on starting to do a few performance mods to it, and some cosmetic changes to it as well. I had a huge system in the works for my other car, but now i'm going to sell most of my car audio stuff. I'm planning on putting 2 10's in it, and just hooking up one of those things to a speaker that will give me RCA preouts to run my subs with. I don't plan on changing out the headunit or any of the speakers in the car.

Anyways, yeah i love this car, but i def want to start doing stuff to it. I was reading about a short shifter and was looking into the MGW one, as everyone on here seems to really like it. How does it compare to the steeda tri-ax shifter?

The 3 main things i want done are new muffler so it sounds nicer. My friend said flowmaster super 44's are nice. Anyone know anything to compare this too. How does it sound, etc. Again i really know nothing about performance stuff in a car. A short shifter, and a cold air intake/short ram intake (i believe it's called).

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...intake_kit.php

I was thinking about that. But it says you have to have something to tune it as well, can someone explain that more in detail to me.

Also i see some people mentioning a tuner/cai, can someone explain that to me, i can infer it is something to do with making the car faster.

I'm just looking for the best bang for the buck and looking to add some horsepower to my new toy. Defintly looking for opionions from you guys. I much rather trust people online that know there stuff then my friends that don't know much of jack.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:42 AM
JayDs Ibanez
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New here

welcome to the forums, there's a section for 05 + gt's where i'm sure you'll get your questions answered
Old 02-01-2008, 07:58 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Hi cegha, Welcome to the forums.

A Cold Air Intake and SCT tuner combo ($500-$600) is worth the money. So is a short throw shifter. The choices for mods on these cars are unlimited. Enjoy that Torch Red! Join us in the 2005-2008 section.

https://mustangforums.com/forumid_233/tt.htm