New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:39 AM
flyifrvfr
1st Gear Member

Default Customer Service

I wasn't sure where to post this so I am cool if the Mods move it. Last week I purchased a Street Scene Ductail Spoiler from a private seller here in the Parts For Sale section. The seller supplied me with pictures of what I was buying and sent me exactly what was pictured and described. Once I received the spoiler I realized that I had made a mistake and bought the wrong spoiler for my car. I have a factory spoiler and I bought a Generation 1 Ducktail from the private seller. I needed the generation 3 which would cover the existing holes from the factory spoiler. This was my mistake, so I didn't contact the seller. After all the seller sold me exactly what was described and pictured.

Here is where Street Scene saved the day. I called Street Scene customer service and told them I bought a Generation 1 spoiler from a private seller, but really needed a Generation 3 spoiler. They told me to send the spoiler to them in Costa Mesa, Ca. and they will look at it and see if we could swap. They informed me that I would have to pay the difference in cost between the two spoilers. This was very fair and amounted to $20.00 more for the Generation 3. Street Scene even agreed to ship it to the shop where it is too be painted at no shipping cost too me.

In closing, Street Scene didn't have to do this because the spoiler was purchased from a private seller and not a dealer of Street Scene products. Street Scene's customer service is second to none and I will surely purchase more Street Scene products. Sometimes a name is just a name, but customer service going above and beyond is what great business is all about. Thank you very much Street Scene.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:21 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Customer Service

Hey...it worked out...good deal. Anyway, this is probably an OT.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:35 AM
klfutrelle
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Customer Service

Nice!