New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

dissapointed in First Impression

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 04:03 AM
Owndbyfuel

Default dissapointed in First Impression

i test drove a used 01 mustang Gt today, i was expecting the V8 to really hammer me in the seat, but thats not what happend. im really thinking about getting a Gt but by what happend today im not really considering it anymore. i love the styling and the sound though. if you were to add the basic mods like exhaust, headers, intake, pulleys, throttle body, intake plenum would that really change it up?? i also drove a 5.0 HO gt and i liked that alot but it was a 86 and i want something newer. i was gonna get a SRT-4 but there a little out of my price range, but that left me a great first impression!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 AM
00GT00
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: dissapointed in First Impression

IN before them all!!!

I CALL BS!

WTF were you expecting! It has 260 ponies under the hood, plus you never stated auto vs. standard! And you sure know alot about the mustang Mods. HHhhhmmmmm??????

Second if you want a 'powerful' V8, go buy a chebby car and be a 'cool kat!' Or go get your weak azz NEON!

You buy a Stang becasue you want ONE!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:44 AM
03zx2
2nd Gear Member

an srt4 wowed you? those things are very cheaply made and run 14.9's stock, my friends 93 ford taurus runs that stock and it has an interior comparable to todays nicest sedans and only cost 4300. The srt is still a neon made cheaply, one of the guys at my friends work has one and his gots all the options but it doesn't have power windows for the back windows. The srt just seams like dodge cut corners wherever they could. A mustang might not have things other cars have but it has heritage and ppl who want them because there is something about them that draws them to them but i guess you didn't feel that.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:57 PM
BlkWidow
2nd Gear Member

I'm a Mopar fan from way back, but I'm in total agreement on the Neon. It is a can on very little wheels. If you want a Dodge, get a Ram SRT-10. 500hp/500lb-ft torque isn't too bad for a truck. Not to mention, it outdoes most cars on the skidpad. Just like the second post - I believe you get a Mustang because you love them - quirks and all.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Wow, sad to hear you were disappointed by the GT. But there is SO much potential with the car that you could do a few mods to get it to where you want to.

Hope you find something that makes you happy, and welcome.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

There is nothing for the price range you say that will put you back in your seat. If you want power, your gonna need to pay for it. Good luck in finding your unicorn.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:45 PM
2001 GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03zx2

an srt4 wowed you? those things are very cheaply made and run 14.9's stock,
Come on now. At least get close. 14.9 in reverse maybe....
Old 05-02-2005, 08:23 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

There is nothing for the price range you say that will put you back in your seat. If you want power, your gonna need to pay for it. Good luck in finding your unicorn.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. True.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:45 PM
4fit?
4th Gear Member

If it was me, I would jump on that 86. 4 eyed pride!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 06:50 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

well its no corvette by any means, but yeah...id take it over a neon, plus itll last a helluva lot longer too...turbo on a 4cyl car? be happy if that car would reach 100K miles....

Quick Reply: dissapointed in First Impression