New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Calcatchem

Default Hello!

Hey hey! I dont own a Mustang myself, but my mom does! She purchased an 05 V6 model about a year ago, I figured I might as well learn a bit about mustangs and sign up.

Heres a little background... Ive got a 4 cyl rice rocket, a freakin Celica. Almost bought a GT myself, prior to gas prices skyrocketing a few years back. Went to sell my Celica, found out it had "inconsistent mileage". Im basically friggin stuck with it now, but its alright. Gets me up and back to college and work sipping 35 mpg, so I'm happy. Work friend of my Dad's was selling a stock 2002 GT, white 5 spd with Cobra rims. Absolutely beautiful, I nearly shat myself running through the first couple gears in an open parking lot! Unforunately that was the closest I got to that 'Stang, wasnt able to sell my car after a month or two (tirekickers [:@]) so I figured it would be smart for me to just finish up high school with my Celica.

Anyways, parents ditched the minivan (Finally!!) around this time, and my mom picked up the Stang from a Domestic dealership a few hours away and got a great deal. Yes, sadly its an automatic but its still a Mustang. Apparently the previous owner was an enthusiast; dealer said he was trying to do a "Saleen" conversion but eventually upgraded to a V8 platform. Its got a JBA Racing exhaust on it, came with a short ram but were keeping it off (Mom wants it stock ). So, despite me not really lucking out in my situation, my Mom got a great deal on her favorite car; shes wanted one ever since she was a kid!
Were going to throw the short ram intake on Ebay, my dad wants it out of the garage. Just for the heck of it, can anybody give me an estimate on how much the intake system would go for, or if they have any idea who its made by?? It came with an MMF sort of gasket thing, Im not sure if this is the brand or its an Ebay no-name...it came with the Stang so Im not sure.

I appreciate your time and hopefully I can pick up a few things about domestics on here! (Im a bit more into tuner cars, but theres nothing like the sound and ***** of American muscle)

And heres the Stang! Thanks for reading!!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello!

welcome aboard!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:33 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello!

Welcome to the forums!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:24 AM
jmf04gt