New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

NEWB'S first post

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Badboris

Default NEWB'S first post

Greetings to all - Bought my first Mustang about 3 weeks ago after 37+ years of first wanting one in high school. Mid-life crisis? Naw! Just REALLY wanted one after all these years.

I have a 2007 Tungsten GT w/ low miles. Four boxes of stuff on the way from American Muscle already. My neighbor across the street has a tricked out '05 GT so I feel obliged to put some pressure on him...you know, lower, louder, badder...

No doubt, I will have some questions along the way and I'm glad I found this first-rate forum.

Best to all of you!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Hello and welcome, your list;lower, louder, badder, is missing the most important thing... FASTER!

wow 37 years ouch, i got my first stang when i was 15, and its still in my driveway lol.

welcome tho.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 PM
foursixblurrrr03
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the forums. so what's in those boxes coming from american muscle?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Badboris

Yeah, you're absolutely right! FASTER! I may have to supercharge this thing to get there, though. He's got a lot of trick things going on.

God bless him for giving me the motivation I need, right?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Badboris

Cold air intake, Pypes Violators (catback), tuner, smoked headlight & tail light covers, Eibach springs, black front turn indicators. You know, the basic essentials that we can't poss live w/o.

If I didn't have to work I'd be sitting on the doorstep waitin' for it...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

supercharging is never a bad idea idk much about how the new 3vs respond to what s/cers tho i suppose you would find your answer in the s197 section.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Badboris

For sure, I will be reading everything in the MF threads about SC do's & dont's. Would like to do it in the next 6 months - that's about how long I figure I'll be able to stand the guy across the street knowing he has the drop on me.

This could get really ugly. I'm thinking that unless his wife prevents him from responding to my play, we'll both end up with 700 HP supercharged nitrous rigs that have been lightened, poked, prodded and coaxed into warp speed capability...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

need new internals before you go that high haha i don't think stock s197s are forged or can handle 700whp
Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Badboris

His wife holds the key. If she lets him respond, there is no end in sight. Mine doesn't care if I shoot for 1,200 HP. I love her for that.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Badboris
His wife holds the key. If she lets him respond, there is no end in sight. Mine doesn't care if I shoot for 1,200 HP. I love her for that.
you sir are a lucky man, good luck with her, feel free to pm me and keep me updated with any big news (new bottom end/ heads/ S/cer )

Quick Reply: NEWB'S first post