New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Cassidy

Default New member

Hi everyone my name is Cassidy.</P>

I recently owned a 95 5.0L Mustang. One of my friend's wrecked it in August. I just bought a 98 mustang gt. There is a crack in the intake manifold. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement intake manifolf that is not plastic? I have looked all over the Internet and I have not had any luck.</P>

Cassidy</P>
Old 10-30-2003, 02:04 AM
j_uz16
1st Gear Member

Default New member

by the way..welcome...wel ...plastic?? intake manifold?/never heard such a thing before.....hehehe....wel...either its a aluminum or cast iron..so u might want to check yur cylinder head....n if it does have a crack too...40 percent of a chance that u have a leakage on yur valves too...n u might loose some power n its gonna be a real tough time for the camshaft coz its not balance...coz if ders a crack outside..der must be wrong with the inside...u might want to check yur camshaft and cam bearingsfor wear n yur valves too..last time i rebuilt a mustang v8, the guy wos driving that particular car..abuse it...n same thing crack on his manifold..nwen i took the head off..guess wat...the cam bearing twisted like a can..the camshaft sqeeze the damn thing ...n thosecamshaft n crankshaft revolve a million times per hour...imagine that..the power should be constant...n if its not balance...v8 engine..thats powerful even v6's too...it will shred it into pieces..but i think thats where the problem is. try to check them..maybe im wrong or maybe im write..its not gonna hurt if u check..before its too late...ryt..but i hope i help u in n e ways......nby the wayim sori i dono wer to buy a new one...wel its just f.y.i. i hope i help u with my theory...tnx.. <edited><editID>j_uz16</editID><editDate>37924.0133564815</editDate></edited>
Old 10-30-2003, 02:11 AM
Cassidy

Default New member

All I know is that it is plastic and it has a crack in it and anti-freeze is spraying everywhere. Someone told me there was a recall on that so I am going to contact the dealership to check it out.</P>

</P>
Old 10-30-2003, 02:24 AM
j_uz16
1st Gear Member

Default New member

oic..wel that anti freze..thats yur cooling system..omg.. yur the 10th person that ive encounter about having a problem on cooling system..wow...in a row..today...i think because the weather is getting extreame?..ye seriously....i did 9 today...at my shop...same s**t having problem with their cooling syste,...coz some they said it squirt..some say it just leak without notice...some same smoke coming out n s**t coz its drained..ye....hehehehe...
Old 10-30-2003, 02:32 AM
j_uz16
1st Gear Member

Default New member

wel ..i wish i could help u with yur car...if u live here in vancity...i could work on yur car...n u might save some money...n some dealer ship will bulls**t u coz dey say...oh ye..u have a leakage on yur head..well do a pressure test n this n that.n u might looking for a new part..like this n that...n they r just gonna put a new gasket n cleaned it....n they will charge a like how much...500 to 600..ryt...thats why ..us mechanics..have a very bad reputations because of those...wel..in n e cases...some pple will rip u so bad ryt...coz u know if we know how to fix it. damn staright we know how to not make it work...hehehehehe...just be careful with the dealership coz u have to know wat yur paying for...tnx..
Old 10-30-2003, 03:34 AM
Cassidy

Default New member

Well I can fix it myself I just need to find the part. There are thousands of people that have had the same problem as me. Ford refuses to fix it but it is obviously their f**k up! It really makes me mad. I just can not figure out why they would use plastic. It makes no sense.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:16 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Default New member

Plastic = lighter weight, lower cost. That's why Ford uses plastic.</P>

I think the manifold problem is a '98 problem. I know the '98 Mustangs had some problems the other years didn't. Check eBay for a replacement if you just want a stock manifold. Is the crack in the lower mainfold?</P>
Old 10-30-2003, 09:55 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default New member

didn't you get your can of stop leak with the car?*L*...there was a recall...you can try to get the dealership to fix it..if not go to www.ford.com and start the complaint forms
Old 10-30-2003, 11:16 PM
PrimerPonyChic
1st Gear Member

Default New member

Welcome to the site. Good luck with your car!
Old 10-31-2003, 01:37 AM
Cassidy

Default New member

I called the dealership and they will not do anything about it. I do not want a plastic manifold. I have looked on ebay but all I can find is a plastic one. It sucks and the stock replacement is like $300. If anyone knows of some good websites that have aftermarket manifolds please let me know.</P>

Thanks,</P>

Cassidy</P>

Quick Reply: New member