New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new, from camaro forums

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Obama is on. You've got me flipping the guide. No House.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Puck90a

Oh noes! I just checked the guide - no House tonight. So I'm sitting here watching Obama too.

But speaking of flowers... I have kind of a weird girl valentines day flowers situation going on right now.... Care to listen MG? It might take me a while to explain it all.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Margarita Girl

Lay it on me!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

puck is a post *****....

and btw, you should got a polo green camaro!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Puck90a

*cracks fingers* Ok, give me a moment
Old 02-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Margarita Girl

Are we gonna need Cliff Notes?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Puck90a

I'm 24, graduated May 07, and now I'm a full time employee of the same college. I've been working in this department for 4 years, half of the time as a student intern. About 6 months ago a girl, also 24, started in my department as a student intern. She hasn't graduated yet though. She's from Germany (cute accent). Attractive. Even though she speaks German as her native language, she is and looks of Spanish decent.

She dates a lot of guys. I've overheard her talking about what she wants in a man and how she's so frustrated. I've mentioned this girl over at CF. She likes black men, athletic, aggressive, confident, firm in their beliefs, good sense of humor (she said if he has a good sense of humor, he's 60% there...), and he can't be a momma's boy.

Then there's Pucky.... I'm a fair skinned white, skinny, don't play sports, I'm passive, modest, polite, shy, I don't have a good sense of humor, and I live with and drive my crippled mother to work every day. So I wouldn't think she'd be that into me. Truth is, I don't really care. She's hot, but she's not my dream girl. She's needy, an attention-getter, manipulative, and has confessed to crying to get what she wants from a guy. And she smokes. Other than that, she's personable and entertaining to talk to. She can be very sweet, and she seems to be fairly diligent and studious.

Over the past 6 months I have shown no interest in her. When she asks for help, I'm simple, direct, pleasant, and polite. I never show frustration and I kindly help her until she is satisfied and can continue her task. Other than that, I don't look in her direction. I don't look at her low-cut blouses or thongs peaking over her pants.

So that's the back story. Last Friday, her and another guy were talking about Valentines day flowers, and what they like (she, and the guy and his wife). I wasn't paying attention. Then, she says something like "well, I don't have a guy to bring me flowers this valentines day... There's Andy though..." And she was blushing and flirting with me. I was totally caught off guard. Wtf? She went on to say something like "I don't really expect him to, I've kinda lost hope of him doing something like that for me, but it'd be nice, and she said - hint hint."

That was that, pretty much. But I'm contemplating what to do. I don't want to be a jerk and blow her off. There's no reason I can't be cool about it and give her flowers in a freindly, un-flirty way. Not sure how I'd do that. I don't really want to give her flowers, because I don't want her to think that I'm very interested in her. She's hot, but I don't really want to bark up this tree - hotness comes with strings attached, and hotness isn't what I'm really after anway. I don't think she's into me - she just wants attention, EVEN if she has to get it from me. And I think she's kinda fascinated, because I, unlike most men, don't leghump her all the time. I don't show interest. I think that might bug her. And I'm single, her age, and I'm pretty well-off financially right now.

But it's not like I have to MARRY her. I could still try something out. And as you know, I haven't had much action on the woman front in my life. But I haven't wanted to get involved in the wrong kind of action, and I'm afraid that might be what this is...

Screw the flowers huh? One of the middle aged guys in the office was warning me (been through 2 divorces). He told me not to fall into the trap. He said I should shake her hand and say happy valentines day, lol. Another guy (the guy with the wife who was talking to her), seemed to think I should be an eager beaver about it. Give her flowers and ask for a date, like I'd be a chump to pass up a girl that hot.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:21 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Welcome
Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Margarita Girl

Originally Posted by Puck90a

So that's the back story. Last Friday, her and another guy were talking about Valentines day flowers, and what they like (she, and the guy and his wife). I wasn't paying attention. Then, she says something like "well, I don't have a guy to bring me flowers this valentines day... There's Andy though..." And she was blushing and flirting with me. I was totally caught off guard. Wtf? She went on to say something like "I don't really expect him to, I've kinda lost hope of him doing something like that for me, but it'd be nice, and she said - hint hint."
NO, NO, NO do not buy this girl flowers for Valentines day!

Quick Reply: new, from camaro forums