New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:14 PM
zerosgt

Default Looking for help

Hello, my name is Adam and I'm looking for some help. I purchased a 98 GT last week and I really love it. I've wanted one since I was a kid, and now I've finally got one. I got a heck of a deal on her for the simple reason that she needs some clutch work. It's not a pressing issue, there is a slight *ping* in the through out bearing. It happens at about 100k mi to lots of cars depending on the driver and it looks like it's my turn.

So I'm going to replace the clutch, pressure plate, throughout bearing, and flywheel while I have her open. So what are some good parts for this? I've looked at Hays, Centerforce, Borg-Warner, and a couple others. I just want to know what works for you. I would like to do a little bit of racing, but I mostly want her set up for road/track use, not so much for the drag strip. I want her to handle and shift like a dream, starting with the clutch work.

If you'd like to take a look at her, feel free. car domain 98 GT

Adam
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 PM
zerosgt

Default RE: Looking for help

I'm an idiot, sorry I had two screens open. I apologize ahead of time for posting this in the wrong forum.