New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello!! :)))))

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
cgm10gt

Default Hello!! :)))))

Greetings...Sam from Arkansas here. Just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I am a new member to the forums.

First let me tell you my story. Back a year or so ago, I was looking very hard at the 2010 Camero. Was a very nice looking vehicle...but, the 2010 mustang really hadn't been on my mind much at all. I had pretty much decided on the camero, but then, I started viewing the Unleashed website for the new mustang, and I must say, it looked quite good. I had heard about all the improvements that were made to the quality of Ford vehicles and it started to look even MORE attractive.

Well, at the time all this was happening, I started talking to a guy who was into Corvettes. He was telling me that for the money I was going to spend on either the Mustang or the Camero, I could get a really nice used Corvette. Well, I had never been much of a vette guy, I guess maybe because I had never actually thought I could afford one.

Well, a little while later, I had it set up, and I had bought my first vette. A 2007 C6 Victory Red, 6 speed with a 400hp LS2 motor, targa top. A very nice vehicle. At this point, I never really gave the mustang any more attention....that is...until I actually seen a stang in person when they finally came out. The new power dome hood, the sleek and aggressive lines of the front cap and the overall new moldings of the body really impressed me. The interior was far and above an improvement to earlier versions of the mustang. Granted, to each their own....but I never really liked the look of the interior of earlier models of the stang, but this one had some really nice features and improvements.

So here I am thinking to myself, "self....this is a really nice car"...but I had already purchased the vette, so I was kind already commited.

I let it go, thinking to myself, "self...you have a really nice car already". So, I was content with that.

Well, the fever started to grow on me. The more I looked at the new mustang, the more it started to win me over....then....I test drove one! I gotta say, after the test drive, I wanted one more than ever. I was immensely impressed!!!

Ok, let me break it down to ya like this....the corvette I have is a 400hp 400ft/lb torque. It has 3.42 gears in the rear end. It has great acceleration and great top end. It can really push you into your seat on a launch.

But then I test drove the stang, and I was amazed to find that...and you may not believe this...but the 315 hp mustang GT felt like it pulled as hard as the vette did. So there I am, doing a test drive, with the salesman in the car with me, and I did a "no no". I turned a corner, put it in first and stomped the gas...first gear....hit second, the tires chirped...and the salesman in the seat next to me saying "ok, we dont need to be doing this"....naturally I got out of it

What resulted is an amazement and realization that the mustang I was in FELT like it had as much low end power as my vette did...maybe it was just me, dunno....but here's what I attribute it do. vette = 400 hp with 3.42 rear end. Stang = 315 hp 3.73 rear end. Possible that the fact that there is only 85 hp difference, and the mustang has a lower geared rear end is why I got this sensation?

Anyway, I started seriously thinking about the mustang at this point. I started talking to people about selling my vette. Well, some talking and a couple days later, I find that I can get payoff for my vette. I get a deal worked out and now I have a brand new 2010 mustang GT premium order to be built.

Thats right, Im getting rid of a vette to get a mustang...I dont know the loyalty or the temperment of the forums here, but im sure some of you will be thinking that I am out of my mind, but the truth is, I think i'm going to be happier with the stang than I am with the vette. Here are some reasons why:

First, I think the mustang will be more practical.

I REALLY like the new body style of the mustang

I REALLY like the new interior of the mustang

My vette was a 1LT option package which means it was pretty much your base model vette, the mustang will have MANY more features.

Mustang runs and drives great...but then so does the vette.

In the end, I really think I am going to like the stang more than the vette. Remembering that when I buy a car, I buy it for ME...not everyone else. Getting looks in a hot ride is nice, but in the end, I want the car for how it makes ME feel.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here is what I am getting:

2010 Mustang GT Premium
Sterling Grey Metallic
Turn Mini Perf
Dark Charcoal interior
Rapid Spec 400A
.INT upgrade PKG
4.6L 3V OHC V8
5-spd man trans
p245/45/R19 tires
Security package (active anti theft, wheel locking kit)
comfort package (heated seats)
19" premium painted wheel (the nickel plated ones)
3.73 rear axle package

So, I guess the question I have for you is...how long does it really take to get a vehicle when you order it to be built from the factory?

The order was put in yesterday and I was told to expect 6 to 8 weeks. However, I called the dealer just awhile ago, and he said that from what he can tell...he had another vehicle in there to be built and he said that they pulled mine first...so it seems like mine will be built pretty soon. So, does this mean that I may get mine in less than 6 to 8 weeks? Possibly maybe a week or two?

As you can tell, im anxious about getting this...just cant wait to be able to get into this thing as quickly as possible!

Anyhoo, input appreciated...and again, just wanted to say "hi"
Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 AM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

Welcome to MF
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Very nice selection, dunno about the wait, never bought a new car...that is unless the '11 lives up to some of the hype, then that maybe my first lol.

Welcome to MF!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 AM
06LgndLimeGT

Welcome to MF! I went from a 1996 modded vette to my Mustang and never looked back. The only thing (factory) I liked better about the vette was the handling. You'll love your new mustang. Any vehicle I ordered or that people I know ordered have taken a minimum of 6 weeks. More like 8. They tell you 6-8 and then always have excuses at the 6th week.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:29 AM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

Welcome, I'll save you a big head ache and give you something to look forward to. If you can wait, then do it. I'm not talking 8 weeks I am talking until next year, the 2011 will be coming with a 5.0 and will be at 400hp if you thought the current GT is a kick in the pants wait till the 2011's come out. But if you feel that this isn't as big of an issue GO FOR IT. If you ever feel out done by 2011's you can just get some SC or Turbos on your '10 and eat em.

When I was getting my car I was pretty much in same situation as you I was a Vette and Mustang fan, but as soon as I saw my mustang on the lot I knew I hada have it then I test drove it and signed the paperwork same day, No feeling like the one you get in a Mustang.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:47 AM
cgm10gt

gah, i had heard six to eight weeks, but I had hoped that maybe it could be done sooner, guess i'll just have to stick it out. I guess I got a little bit excited when the dealer told me that they had already pulled mine. I was hoping that it meant they pulled the work order to be built...as in, to be built soon. i had also hoped that since the economy is a bit slow right now, that production numbers for autos might be down, meaning they could get to it a little sooner....someone give me some hope here!

as far as the 2011's are concerned, ive already ordered my 2010, but im not really disappointed at not getting the 5.0. The current one I am getting is plenty nice and has more than enough power for me.

thanks for the warm welcomes...i think im going to be very happy with the mustang....I just have to wait til it comes in