New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Obviously newbie....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Curiosity Kills

Default Obviously newbie....

I'm Michi, new to the forums. Just looking to learn & ask questions when I have any.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome..
Old 09-21-2010, 05:15 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:13 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 09-21-2010, 07:09 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

welcome
Old 09-21-2010, 01:05 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 09-21-2010, 08:44 PM
chuckm60090

Welcome Michi, post some pics of your ride when you get a chance.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Curiosity Kills

Thanks for the welcomes y'll. I'm sure that I'll be seeing y'll around on the forums in all the different threads. It's awesome how diverse the threads are on this forum. I was scanning y'lls profiles lookin' @ y'lls cars. So this is probably a stupid ? but is there a link to look @ y'lls cars in more detail? I can only see the basic photos of y'lls cars & I'd love to see more photos. Side note, it's awesome to see so many 5 speeds. Is it just me or boring to drive an automatic when you're used to driving a 5 speed?

Soldier GT - Your mustang looks awesome. The color looks great w/ the tints. I see you're in the Army. How long have you been in & where are you stationed? I'm a retired Navy brat. I was primarily on the coasts though.

2005RedFire6 - Sweet evening shot of your car. Did you put your 10" stripes on yourself? I don't see stripes on the mustangs around here very often. *lol* They're on trucks alot though.

Timspony - You're lucky to own those 2 cars. It must be pretty hard to decide what you want to drive in the morning. *lol* Wish I had that problem. What do you drive during the winter though? Rear wheel cars don't drive to well out where I live in the winter.

05 Mustang - Whoever took the photo of your car did a great job! I know this is going to be a silly question but like I said, i'm here to learn. What difference does a 6 speed make vs a 5 speed? I'm assuming that means you have more power then an average 5 speed but is there more to that?

lizzyfan - Wow, that must have taken a while to paint the engine. It looks great. Is there a special paint specifically for engines that is used for that? Btw, is that something a car owner can do on their own or better to let a professional do that?

DRAGUL - Ok, you live in Connecticut, I know it snows there. Do you have a winter car? Or are the roads taken care of pretty well there? We get more then 3" of snow & the counties go to snow emergencies.

Chuckm60090 - I love your signature. When you're reading it, you're expecting some kind of esteem building comment to follow the "if @ 1st you don't succeed" *lol* you don't expect to see the "don't try skydiving" I'm working on getting a pic of my car but sadly it's nothing special right now. Part of the reason I'm on this forum is that I'm researching the car that I want to buy. I don't want to buy something that I don't know the quarks of the year it was made. *lol* Been there, done that. The car I have now goes through water pumps like none other. Side note, that make & model is notorious for that happening.

Once again, thanks for the welcomes y'll!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Itz_Gizzy
2nd Gear Member

I may be a little late to the party, but welcome Michi. It says you live in Furyan??

Where is that??

Anyway, enjoy your time here on MF

Quick Reply: Obviously newbie....