New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Future NewB Needing advice!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
frodin1

Default Future NewB Needing advice!

Hey guys, and gals? Just stepped in to say hi and hopefully get some advice and little help from you. I've decided to finally pull the trigger and purchase a new ride and was looking for some advice from the ones that actually own a mustang! I'm looking at the 5th gen, 2005-09 mustangs and really like the looks of the Roush models. I'm pretty **** about my vehicles and I have rarely purchased new. I'm more the type to get one a couple years old, with low miles, and hopefully save a few bucks in the process? What I'm looking for is a little heads up or some information about the mustangs, that isn't usually found on magazine pages. Hopefully a what to look for and what Not to look for as well! If there's anything someone can tell me before I just run out and make a major purchase I'd appreciate it. In years past I've purchased vehicles only to find out, that if I had gotten a different year I would've gotten a better deal, with a better engine, or the possibility that your option choices are much better from one year to the next. This is what I'm hoping you guys can help me out with and try to avoid! Links are great too if there's informative stuff I can learn about that's not generic but more specific! I hope you can help me out! Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ...Best of luck & do a lot of research!!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 PM
frodin1

Thanks, Ive been trying to read what I can, but there sure is a ton out there. Not to mention quite a bit of biased reviews which are annoying beyond belief! Just wanting the facts!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!

Well, it is hard not to get baised views. We are Mustang fans of course. And the same is very true of Chevy fans in Camaro forums and Dodge fans in Challenger/Charger forums.

I guess the bottom lines is hit the tech sections and read as much as possible even though there are tons of info concerning everything, the good, the bad, the ugly about Mustangs. But of course, we all tend to write more about the good about our cars because these are the cars we always loved and wanted.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:53 AM
frodin1

I think my main thing is this, I'm not one to take on someone else's project "or basket case" unless it was done correctly. I'm a service rep for a company where shade tree hack work is a totally unacceptable practice and will get you fired in a second. So when I see something that someone else has screwed with already, its pretty much a no go!. However, if it was done correctly, that's different. With these cars there's so many aftermarket upgrades, its hard to tell whats junk and whats not when it comes to superchargers, suspension, etc. So that's really what I'm after. I'd like to find something that someone has modded a little already, but not so much that there's issues, if you no what I mean. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 AM
FloRida Livin
Former Sponsor

I can tell you from my experience that I really like MY Roush. Its only a stage one, but I love the looks and get complements often. Its easy enough to "throttle up" the performance, so I feel this is the best bang for the buck.
Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM
frodin1

Is there a link somewhere describing the differences in the between the 3 stages? Or is it all just personal preference when a person purchases one new? I've been trying to figure this out, and don't know if its an error of how i'm searching or what?

Quick Reply: Future NewB Needing advice!