New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello Everybody!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 03:22 AM
SlipStream

Default Hello Everybody!!

I just purchased my Black '05 S281SC #836 two weeks ago. Had to get it from Texas because I couldn't find one locally.

I'm somewhat of a Chevy convert as my previous car was a 99 Camaro SS with an ARE 427 stroker.

I sold the Camaro and bought a '01 Ford Lightning and a '04 Kawasaki Zx10r ('cause I love roadracing sportbikes). But recently I got the car bug again and since the general canned my beloved LS1 Camaro/Firebird;the '05 Ford Mustang seemed to be the only available choice for my taste. I was going to wait for the GT500 until it was clear that you will have to camp out for a year at your local dealership (with checkbook in hand) to get one.

The '05 Mustang is Retro-Fabulous and in my opionion the Saleen treatment makes it nearly orgasmic, even though my Camaro was faster the balance over the Saleen is near perfect; the exceptions being a couple of minor quality concerns.

For those of you who are considering the Saleen and wondering what I mean by "quality concerns":

The hood does not fit tightly;in fact it vibrates slightly at speed.
The Saleen badge in the steering wheel is coming off.

Sorry for being long-winded in my intro and also if this stuff has been mentioned before.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:05 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello Everybody!!

Welcome! Welcome to the dark side.

Post some pics of your new saleen, I love saleens.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:35 PM
v8stang05
4th Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 09-20-2005, 02:50 AM
jowen
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the site!!!