New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Joplin tornado

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:44 PM
sketchy620

Default Joplin tornado

Hey guys, first post on here. I've ben browsing this site for a couple months now. I was recently involved in the may 22nd f-5 tornado in joplin missouri. That afternoon I drove to my apt, and literally jumped in the car with my cousin and his gf to drive to a friends house to take cover so we weren't in the top floor of our apt. On our way there it got really bad and before we knew it we were in the direct path of this 3/4 mile wide twister. Ay the time we didn't kno how bad it really was..or where it was even at for that matter because it was rain wrapped.

Some how after periods of blindness and congested traffic, we made it onto the road he lived on. At that time the back side window of the car blew out where I was sitting. Debris was flying through the air at high speeds and we had to run through it to get inside for at least a 100 feet. The tornado literally missed hitting that house by less than a block. Everything from there on was just flat, like a bomb went off. The path that we drove to get there, there's nothing left. We were so lucky, if we would have left even just a min later, we would have got picked up and launched.

None of us got seriously injured besides cuts and stuff from the debris. But our apt was destroyed and all our cars. Ive never been directly in one before,and the one I am in, was one of the biggest and deadliest ever. I've never ben so scared before, being in that car and feeling so helpless. Its crazy looking back on it now and realizing how close we actually were. If you get a chance, check out the videos of it on youtube. Its crazy. I'm just thankful to be alive, because that afternoon was too close for comfort!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear about that but youre all lucky to make it through, hows the stang doing?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangisSwag
sorry to hear about that but youre all lucky to make it through, hows the stang doing?
+1, very sorry to hear but glad you are OK. Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ....Glad to see you're OK!!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome. Things can be replaced, people can't.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 11-05-2011, 11:14 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Glad you made it through!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:26 PM
sketchy620

Appreciate it guys. Yeah I actually received some money from fema after the storm for my apt, and my truck. So thats how I wound up getting my stang. It's a 2003 gt charcoal gray. It's an automatic unfortunatley, but also it's my daily driver so it's all good. Got it for a decent price, so thats all that matters lol All black leather interior, only downfall at the moment is the v6 wheels that are on it. Changing them soon to 18" black chrome saleen wheels.

When I bought it, it already had a cold air intake as well as a cheap throttle body (no plenum) and flowmasters. I just recently put 4.10 gears on it lot more fun to drive now. Waiting to get my sct handheld tuner next. Can't wait for that.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. thats some crazy stuff.