New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from Utah

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Sherpa

Default Hello from Utah

Hi! My name is Dempsey. Just a few months ago (July 2012) I bought a Screaming Yellow '06 Mustang GT 5-speed. I had been searching for two months until I found this car, and the waiting paid off because I love it. Here it is in my driveway the morning after I brought it home:

As you can see, the former owner had already installed the Shaker intake (which I love) and painted hood stripes (which I'm so-so about). Around back was the black tail panel (fine with me), the OEM spoiler painted gloss black (really? really?) and louvers.

I quickly removed the louvers and gave them to a friend with an '09 GT/CS, then tinted the windows:

That was a definite step in the right direction, though I still need to do something about that spoiler. I was going to repaint it yellow, but then I hesitated. I think I'd rather replace it with something of lower profile... or perhaps I'll eliminate it entirely. So it is still there.

Now that I wasn't paying to have the spoiler repainted, this meant I could spend the cash on something else: Pype Bombs. This was the best thing I could have done to the car. Gawd, do I love the sound! I was planning an exhaust upgrade even before I bought the car, but I didn't think it would turn out this good.

Lastly, the former owner had purchased the sequential turn signal harnesses but never installed them; they were in a box in the trunk. I went ahead and put them on the car, and I like them.

And now you all know about me and my Mustang.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Mike T
2nd Gear Member

Beauty of a car! Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Welcome to MF! Nice looking car!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ...very nice!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum. Car is looking good man!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome Dempsey & congrats!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Great to have you, ride looks great. Hit up jay@hypermotive here on MF for anything you might need. Great guy and awesome deals.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Sherpa

Thank for all the welcomes!

While I'm relatively new to the Mustang world, I am no stranger to internet forums. I did some lurking here and there, trying to decide which Mustang-based forum would be good to join. As you can all see, I landed here. I'll keep reading through FAQs and various threads; nevertheless, I am certain I will ask a few questions that have been discussed here many times in the past. I thank you all in advance for putting up with me.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

welcome....why did the last owner only stripe the front of the car ? are you gonna finish it ?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Sherpa

Originally Posted by 95 BLOWN GT
welcome....why did the last owner only stripe the front of the car ? are you gonna finish it ?
I am the third owner. The first owner left everything completely stock; the second owner did all the customizing. When I first saw pictures of it online, I figured the stripes were decals. No big deal, I figured, as they would be easily removed. When I went up to buy the car (it was out of state), it was then that I learned they were paint.

I guess he thought he was recreating the look of the classic Mach 1. I know the stripes can still be removed, but that would involve repainting the entire hood and bumper skin. I am extremely reluctant to do this, since OEM paint is typically the best protective finish you'll have on a car and I'd hate to just throw it away (and risk a color mismatch) for such a superficial reason.

Rest assured, however, that I will not add stripes to any other area of the car.

Quick Reply: Hello from Utah