New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member from Tejas

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:36 PM
YasMustang00V6

Talking New Member from Tejas

Howdy!!!

Im a total Newbie to the ford mustang life.

I currently own a 2000 ford Mustang V6 3.8L base model.

I am in college for IT and I love working at the gym!

I bought my first mustang on 02/15/2014 which came from a guy on craigslist...yeahhh horror stories....i have a few but i am glad to say i learned quickly on what to look for when im purchasing my next mustang.

Pepper: I bout the car for 2600 for it to be a 2000 V6 with 114K miles it wasnt bad so i grabbed it and began to show "Pepper" (that her name) some quality time in the hospital. She has been neglected by her previous owner, which i caught on after i bout the car. Anyways, Pepper has had her valve cover gaskets changed because she was leaking motor oil and i immediately fixed that leak 02/17/2014. after the leak was fixed i noticed my engine is really shaky and needed to be looked at by someone who is familiar with the mustang. Low and behold i searched the web for forums and i was able to find the root of the issue. Pepper didnt have any fluids inside her engine...no transmission fluid or oil. I could have easily blew my engine just like that but i took care of the issue the next business day. I tried to get a simple oil change at walmart (which i try to avoid going at all times) but i did get a few hints on what was going on under the hood so walmart just looked at my vehicle they do not change your oil if you have a leak....which was cool but not really...walmart didnt touch my baby. Pepper's interior is horrible....so i will be swapping her interior from carpet (i found on AmericanMuscle.com for sale at 129.99 (i need to grab that)). the seats are YUCK!!!! im searching for an economical price to replace all the seats..the stains and the smell is not worth it...lol...i dont know what color yet because she is black on the outside and if i do black on black... i will be in hell come summer time. lol Pepper's shoes are also neglected so i am searching for some new shoes for her....factory would do but id like to get some that help with the performance if possible. Some 17's that are a classic would be ideal. everything else is good, im confident with what i picked up.

With reading these forums about the same issue i went to the root of the problem and was only seeking someone who would replace my harmonic balancer ONLY!!! i know people like to make more money so i wasnt interested in anything but that one part.
i have found one, Carlos, who previously owned a Mustang and he blew his engine... (just sad)

With all that being said....I joined the Ford Mustang Forum with great appreciation and i gained soooooooooooooo much knowledge on my 2000 V6 mustang in such a short time. I still have more to learn...... but as of now im under the hood rebuilding pepper's engine.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Well, welcome.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:11 PM
WuStangClan
1st Gear Member

Welcome.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:45 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the MustangForums! Post up some pictures of your Mustang, we'd love to check it out.

You'll meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on this forum. Get out there and enjoy it! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Old 02-18-2014, 02:58 PM
YasMustang00V6

im kind of embarrassed to post pics of Pepper, she has some missing paint due to the wear and tear of the vehicle. im just missing paint on the hood and the side fender....but still id like to get ger painted...ohh yeah please referr me to a paint shop that does an awesome job, for a fair price. i priced my entore car's paint (just the exterior) for 2500, i thought that was a bit much. if there are any real painters out there i need you!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 04:12 PM
AricTrueTexan
1st Gear Member

Hey can anyone help me out i'm trying to get the discount code for american muscle but the forum won't let me pm anyone :/
Old 02-18-2014, 04:13 PM
AricTrueTexan
1st Gear Member

Hey Dan could you help me out?
Old 02-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Diode Dynamics
Sponsor

Welcome to the forum!

Nick C.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
YasMustang00V6

Originally Posted by AricTrueTexan
Hey can anyone help me out i'm trying to get the discount code for american muscle but the forum won't let me pm anyone :/
I used the code under customer service which is located here at this link:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/americ...upon-code.html

copy and paste this link in your browser and you will see a discount code that works.

i just bought my carpet which was on sale so i saved a total of 35 dollars for some replacement carpet..it isnt much but saving is always worth it.

Quick Reply: New Member from Tejas