New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First Mustang experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Rabbidd

Default First Mustang experience

Picked up my first mustang this weekend. Sorry Long Post about my experience. If you need to pee nows a good time

I was scheduled for the next new vehicle in my family. But my wife has started traveling a good bit...so she has been basically test driving vehicles from ford ever since she found sync. So i get a call from her saying hey we are going to look at Ford's this weekend. And she told the salesman that if we were gonna buy they would have to sell us on 2 cars(Her loop hole around me getting the next car). She doesnt have much energy these days so she really wanted/needed the trunk assist to help her close the trunk. So she had her car picked out.

Now i just need to figure out what truck i wanted. My wife has been hounding me that my next vehicle should be a truck. I have been waiting to get back into a Z. But that wasnt gonna happen because "sports cars are so bad on gas mileage and take premium gas". Yeah trucks are great on gas mileage arent they...Anyway, so i found a couple FX2s to go look at.

When we got to the lot. The salesman we were scheduled to meet was still trying to finish up his previous sale. So My wife and I went walking through the lot, past the escapes, down to the trucks. I found one of the trucks i saw online, so i knew which one i wanted to test drive. We were still waiting on the sales person at this point so we kept on walking around and found one mustang hidden behind the trucks. It was sweet, looked lowered a tad but i dont know, it was my first time seeing the new mustangs. And it had a deep grey with a hint of green. Out of our budget though

My wife said she liked the car, and much to my surprise so did I(sorry never been a mustang fan,hated the interior of the 90s and it stuck). So I thought if i want a sports car here is my chance. So we walk over to the mustangs and found the only 2 affordable manual Mustangs on the lot. One was a v6 and one GT. My wife guilted me into test driving the v6 which i actually did like. But then i guilted/begged my wife into allowing me to get the GT. And without test driving the GT, we had picked out the cars we wanted.

So now we are waiting on finance to be ready for us. While sitting there I was like hey why dont we go test drive the GT. Salesman said good idea. So I cranked the GT, and let me just say it was awesome. My old Z had a rumble to it, but this was more of a growl. After that point I new i had made the right decision....and well never made it to test driving a truck.

I had an overall great experience at my ford dealership, but i was using x plan pricing so there wasnt that stress of haggling. And my salesman was very nice and non pushy.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Rabbidd

gifs upload
Old 12-07-2014, 11:31 PM
williamlv282

Originally Posted by Rabbidd
My wife has been hounding me that my next vehicle should be a truck.
Congrats on the mustang purchase, but I'd just like to say... I WISH I had problems like this one haha.
My girl would rather see me in a Toyota Camry than another pickup truck haha
Old 12-08-2014, 06:54 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on that Mustang.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

nice story and welcome to the forum
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Tyler@LRS

Great choice buddy! If you need anything for it or have any questions just shoot me a message! We have quite a few here at our shop and have plenty of videos on them.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:14 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:34 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Welcome, and congrats on the new Fusion! *snicker*

Seriously though, welcome to the forum! This is a great forum and is full of useful info!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 12-09-2014, 02:14 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome, and congrats on the new Mustang!

Where in Georgia are you located?

When you get ready to start modding that badboy, check out AmericanMuscle.com!

Quick Reply: First Mustang experience