New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

66 six

Old 02-04-2015, 08:08 AM
TripleSix

Default 66 six

Hey ther everyone, just wanted to join a forum and gain information regarding my purchase (in the next week or so waiting on tax return) of a 1966 Coupe with rebuild 200ci and 3speed manual. Body is in excellent condition has all the glass, mostly just needs reassembled and painted. Its siting in primer right now.
If any one has any tips or tricky things to look for id appreciate input. I am a Navy Submariner (former automotive technician) this is going to be my first solo restoration or reassembly, I have a knowledge base of old cars and cars all together though, I turned wrenches for about 5 years prior to the Navy I helped my father restore a 1967 Buick GS400 frame off complete restoration (13 year project).
I feel im getting a heck of deal on this mustang as the asking price is $2000 and he is very motivated to sell it (flexible on price). SO seeing as its a apparently rust free mostly there sitting on four wheels straight body panel car, with a freshly built 6 I am thinking of opening with an offer of $1600 or so and going form there. The common price around here for worse off projects seems to be around $3000 and greater. Any ways just wanted ot post my story and see what you all think about the price and also if you had any things to look for that I might miss as I am not a super fluent mustang guy. Appreciate any input!
Old 02-06-2015, 03:43 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Hey there and welcome on board! You sure did a great choice, 1966 model is perfect! I'm sure this will be an incredibly useful resource for you, feel free to ask any questions. Good luck with your project, can't wait to see for pictures before/after.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:52 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome and good luck, sounds like a great deal.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:50 PM
TripleSix

Heres a couple pics of it. Lots of parts inside the Expedition.
Attached Thumbnails 66 six-our66.jpg   66 six-our66-2-.jpg  
Old 02-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TripleSix
Heres a couple pics of it. Lots of parts inside the Expedition.
WTTF , nice project car, have fun man

Search this Thread