New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hello for the mid west first stang!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:27 PM
LucSTR

Default hello for the mid west first stang!

Hello all. been wanting a pony for awhile, well i have finally got one! she has come to me non running all i was told is that it needed a new starter.

Before i go any farther, I will list everything i was told about the car and what i have seen on it for myself. its a 94 GT with a carbed 347 stroker with a demon 4 barrel carb, edelbrock intake manifold and air cleaner, after market suspension msd ignition, external fuel pump, filter and regulator. i don't know if it was the stock motor with a stroker kit of if he built it.

The guy told me he was trying to make it a 10 sec car, and fastest he had gotten it to was low 11s. the starter went out and he had other projects that he was more into and just didn't want this one just sitting taking up space.

now where i live it floods frequently since it was not running i had a friend help me pull it to higher ground on my property and in doing so broke either the coolant res or cracked the radiator, what i get for not paying attention to where I'm wrapping the tow chain.

so before I can dig into her i have to fix my **** up. lesson learned there. i look forward to reading through the forum and becoming more familiar with the car. she is a project so i will be a slow go i want to clean it up and make it look nicer like cleaning up the engine bay maybe painting the motor but i want to make sure its a strong reliable motor and drive train first.

so my first question is what are the things i want to look for when digging in? should i just start my pulling everything out and do a tear down and rebuild or just get the coolant leak fixed and replace the starter and go from there? im not totally new to fords of their v8s, ive had quite a few ford trucks, but i am new to building race engines.

any input on where to start is greatly appreciated!! thanks guys!

sorry for the drawn out post now to the pics! thanks again!!!