New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 06:28 AM
Bluegrass GT

Default New Guy

Hi. My name is Alan. I just purchased a new Ruby Red 2017 GT Premium with manual transmission. It has 20" wheels and tires, 3.55 rear end ratio, and Nav.
This is my first Mustang after owning a number of Corvettes.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:55 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Congratulations, you won't miss the Corvettes.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:58 AM
DucatiMustangMan

Originally Posted by Bluegrass GT
Hi. My name is Alan. I just purchased a new Ruby Red 2017 GT Premium with manual transmission. It has 20" wheels and tires, 3.55 rear end ratio, and Nav.
This is my first Mustang after owning a number of Corvettes.
Welcome man. I just joined recently too. What made you get into Mustangs coming out of Corvettes? Mustangs are awesome but Vettes are supercars.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Bluegrass GT

I've owned C5 and C6 Vettes. Although you can't fault the function, I'm not wild about the styling of the C7s. I also don't care to spend what you have to spend to get one.

The GT runs, rides, and handles well. I like how the Sync system functions, along with the Nav system, the stereo, the seats, etc...

I was able to get into a good-looking, new car that does everything I want it to for a reasonable price.

Additionally, I have three young grandsons. You can't haul more than one at a time in a Vette.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:45 AM
DucatiMustangMan

Originally Posted by Bluegrass GT
I've owned C5 and C6 Vettes. Although you can't fault the function, I'm not wild about the styling of the C7s. I also don't care to spend what you have to spend to get one.

The GT runs, rides, and handles well. I like how the Sync system functions, along with the Nav system, the stereo, the seats, etc...

I was able to get into a good-looking, new car that does everything I want it to for a reasonable price.

Additionally, I have three young grandsons. You can't haul more than one at a time in a Vette.
Ah makes sense. I came from a 2017 STI and got a 2018 Mustang GT. I'm still learning the whole wheel spinning thing with all that power. haha. Good times.