New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Dia duit from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Dunmaghlas

Default Dia duit from Michigan

Dia duit, (that basically means hello in Irish) I'm an Irish-American with a slight obsession with Mustangs (specifically Mach Ones).
I own a 2003 Mustang V6 Coupe. I typed a paragraph with my cosmetic plans for it below the pictures. Eventually I will post about engine mods as well.

Hopefully I will be getting it re-painted true matte silver, unlike Ford's standard matte silver, and the current black accents also need to be re-painted the same color they are now, in addition to the side scoops being replaced with the longer scoops and painted matte black. The front bumper unfortunately now has a 4 inch hole from someone backing his dirty Ram into it with the trailer hitch. I'm gonna be replacing it before I repaint soon. I've drawn up specs for ways to make this like a long-distance travel car and will hopefully be doing that soon as well. Plans for that are to replace the air filter and fuel pump with better models and to get larger pipes (those three for better mpg) with a good old unrestricted 1 chamber muffler so it's still freakin loud. I plan on getting larger tires on the same rims but lifted a couple inches (for my off-roading) with a full width cattle guard that has a tow cable, and a trailer hitch with a gas can mount and ball mount. Basically I'm making the Warthog from Halo in the form of a Mustang. I will be further posting these ideas asking for help/recommendations when I start these projects, and even though the winter here in Michigan is gonna be freakin crazy this Mustang has survived 14 of them before.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:25 PM
JimC

Welcome. Where about in Michigan? I grew up in Port Huron, moved from there about a year ago. Currently working in Monroe renting a place and now have a home in North Carolina now so go home every other weekend.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:00 AM
Neko
2nd Gear Member

Silver, just wanted to point to the silver Mustang registry at http://www.silvermustangs.com/
Old 11-07-2018, 06:18 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Looks good, needs some paint. and new wheels. I'd go with 18's, and possibly some lowering springs.
Welcome aboard Mate!
Old 11-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

That looks really sharp! Hope you've got some extra bright bulbs to make up for the tint.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Dunmaghlas

Originally Posted by JimC
Welcome. Where about in Michigan? I grew up in Port Huron, moved from there about a year ago. Currently working in Monroe renting a place and now have a home in North Carolina now so go home every other weekend.
Mount Clemens area if you know where that is. Part of Macomb County. I think I've been to Port Huron once or twice.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Dunmaghlas

Originally Posted by Neko
Silver, just wanted to point to the silver Mustang registry at http://www.silvermustangs.com/
Nice. Checking out SMR now!
Old 11-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Dunmaghlas

Originally Posted by GT Nate
Looks good, needs some paint. and new wheels. I'd go with 18's, and possibly some lowering springs.
Welcome aboard Mate!
Yeah the paint was one of my mod points. I want a less shiny silver and a bit more black. I actually don't hate the rims, might get new ones eventually though, and the only suspension change I'm planning on is new shocks/struts and actually bring it UP a bit. Not much, just enough so it off-roads better.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Dunmaghlas

Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro
That looks really sharp! Hope you've got some extra bright bulbs to make up for the tint.
Yeah lol I actually need some new lights and covers. The tint on this is old and pretty faded so I'm gonna get some Axiom LED Halos and a black cover piece along with black fog lights.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:09 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Dunmaghlas
Mount Clemens area if you know where that is. Part of Macomb County. I think I've been to Port Huron once or twice.
Mt. Clemens is just a little south of Port Huron. Been there many times and used to commute to Grosse Pointe so drove through Mt. Clemens every day.

Quick Reply: Dia duit from Michigan