New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Visual guide to years/models....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 06:16 AM
Newponyboy

Default Visual guide to years/models....

HI. I’m new to the mustang world. I’ve always been a camaro guy. I am considering a mustang for my next car and I am looking for a quick start guide to body styles and years. I’m hoping someone has a link or can put together a quick visual?

im looking for mustangs starting from 2013 and up. I’m interested in v8 only. I can’t afford the super stangs so you can leave them out, although it would be nice to see them but not necessary. I’m interested in the front and back styling cues only. Subtle changes are not necessary.ie. Stripes or w/w out fog lights, etc. I just want to be able to ID a mustang visually because at this point, they all look the same to me. When I look at one, I can’t tell what year it is. Pretty bad, I know.

Let me me know if anyone can point me too a good resource. I’ve been to Wikipedia and other sites but I haven found anything that lists all the years with front/back images on one page.

Thanks for helping me on my new journey!

Old 01-31-2019, 08:06 AM
dickengarrettw

This is prolly the best all-in-one photo I’ve seen with years and gens. Honesty you’re not gonna know everything about mustangs from one article. From performance to cosmetics I’ve learned a lot in about 4 months and I’d say I know enough to actually have a mod list. Hope this helps!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:11 AM
Newponyboy

Originally Posted by dickengarrettw

This is prolly the best all-in-one photo I’ve seen with years and gens. Honesty you’re not gonna know everything about mustangs from one article. From performance to cosmetics I’ve learned a lot in about 4 months and I’d say I know enough to actually have a mod list. Hope this helps!
perfect! Thanks.

Yep. Being able to tell what I’m looking at is the first step. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-31-2019, 08:13 AM
dickengarrettw

Yeah no problem! Also we have a group called those guys if you’re interested Follow me on insta I can share a bit more info with you so it’s more convenient. Instagram: @dickengarrettw

Old 01-31-2019, 03:44 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

There are three different looks for the 05-14s, the pic shows the 05-09 only...

https://themustangsource.com/timeline/index.htm
Hasn't been updated past 2011.

https://www.autoevolution.com/ford/mustang/