New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new to the forums

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:32 AM
mademafiaman

Default new to the forums

Hey guys. I just bought this mustang about a month ago. Its an 88 LX hatch 5.0. I always wanted an 87-93 LX with a 302 in it and I cam around this one for a decent price. I paid $2000 for it. It has 108XXX miles on it. the interior is in very good shape for being almost 20 years old but could use a very good cleaning. I had to tighten the 2 bolts in the steering column because the thing was wobbly as hell. I put in a kenwood headunit from crutchfield and im gonna be replacing the stock speakers soon and would like any suggestions on speaker combo that works well in these cars from anyone.the outside inst that bad but it will need work very soon. th back hatch will have to be replaced because it is the only place that seem to have rusted and rotted but isnt noticable from the ouside.it also doesnt like to close easily.there is no rust in the fender wall no big dings or dents.
The rear defroster and gas gauge dont work.It runs very good in my opinion and i havent had any trouble with it so far.it also has a flowmaster exhaust.other then that i would like opinions from you guys on what u think of it for the price i paid.thanks

Old 12-01-2005, 05:22 PM
v8stang05
4th Gear Member

Default RE: new to the forums

nice car and welcome to the forums.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
GTBabe225
I ♥ Acer

hi.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:56 PM
quicksnake
2nd Gear Member

Not Bad, good luck with the car and welcome.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mademafiaman

the back hatch will have to be replaced because it is the only place that seem to have rusted and rotted but isnt noticable from the ouside.
yeah that lip on the trunk/hatch is a sucker for rust.

welcome, your gonna LOVE that car. 5.0's are really addictive, i had my fisrt 5.0 at 18 (first stang at 15) and on my 6th one.

sounds like a decent deal, the gas guage i'd want fixed pretty quick, and it could be something really simple as the sending unit.
and the defroster could be the defrost line broken somewhere. but hard to tell on either, just need to start checking for power at different places to narrow it down.

anyways, that cloth interior is kinda hard to clean too, once it's dirty. the GT interior is tweed, and later on, you could get in lx's as well, it is an exact swap if you got it. i had 2 notch's w/ that cloth interior, and always wanted to swap out for the tweed.

anyways, welcome and have fun

Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Sounds like a nice car and it looks pretty good for what you paid! Welcome!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Jaggezz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mademafiaman

Hey guys. I just bought this mustang about a month ago. Its an 88 LX hatch 5.0. I always wanted an 87-93 LX with a 302 in it and I cam around this one for a decent price. I paid $2000 for it. It has 108XXX miles on it. the interior is in very good shape for being almost 20 years old but could use a very good cleaning. I had to tighten the 2 bolts in the steering column because the thing was wobbly as hell. I put in a kenwood headunit from crutchfield and im gonna be replacing the stock speakers soon and would like any suggestions on speaker combo that works well in these cars from anyone.the outside inst that bad but it will need work very soon. th back hatch will have to be replaced because it is the only place that seem to have rusted and rotted but isnt noticable from the ouside.it also doesnt like to close easily.there is no rust in the fender wall no big dings or dents.
The rear defroster and gas gauge dont work.It runs very good in my opinion and i havent had any trouble with it so far.it also has a flowmaster exhaust.other then that i would like opinions from you guys on what u think of it for the price i paid.thanks

That's not cool. That looks exactly like my car!

Mines a year younger. Car Domain link is below.