New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 PM
My85QuarterHorse

Default Hi all

Just joined this forum, I had an 88GT with all the goodies that I sold back to the guy I bought it from once he got back on his feet financially....Just traded an 86.5 Supra for a 1985 GT with a carborated 5.0 roller motor.

Im not sure of the specifics as I haven't dug into the motor yet, but The car has 3.73 gears, the heads are stock but have been ported and polished, it has had a cam put in it, Headers, H-pipe, Flowmaster Exhaust, Eldelbrock performer series 600 carb which seems to be jetted a bit rich, It has the air conditioner elmination kit and under drive pulleys.

All and all for a Carborated Pony, she gets up and goes!!!!

Glad to have found such an active Stinger forum, and I look forward to chatting with you guys.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:15 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hi all

welcome to a great and very active forum.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:22 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Welcome, your gonna love it here. Alot of info and very nice people. Sounds like you got a nice ride. And it was nice of you to let the guy have his stang back once he got back on his feet.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:22 PM
My85QuarterHorse

Thanks man!! Yeah, people fall on hard times I guess. That Mustang was HIS baby, everytime you call him he is working on his car, or washing his car, or waxing his car...or his is out somewhere getting parts for his car. I had a 69 Camaro I bought when I was 18, had it until I was almost 30...it was MY car, everything that was done to it I did with my own two hands. If I had ever hit a string of bad luck and sold it to a freind to make ends meet, I'd hope once I bounced back I could buy my car back. Eventually I was made an offer I couldn't refuse on the Camaro so its gone now...but I know how it feels to have a car thats YOUR car.

Besides, what fun is it driving around in a Mustang somebody else built? I can't tell you how many times I was asked "man that car is smokin, what all have you done to it?" and I had to answer "I don't know" . Now I have a Pony of my own, 1985 GT, and Im excited as all heck about getting my hands on it. Im Kind of old school, I had a 69 Camaro that put down 12:60's on Radials and through the pipes, 11.80's with 32 inch tall slicks. I had a 64 Malibu with a 289 and a Muncie that would rotate the tires twice and snap your head in 4th. My father raced a 9 second 68 Camaro with a full tube Chassis, 350 4 bolt.

This is the first Ford I intend on building, but its a Carberated small block so its up my ally. Im excited. I am a pretty good judge because Ive put so many cars down the track, If I had to guess Id say the car at this point is somwhere mid to high 14's. Which isn't bad for a street car....but I don't want to just beat the Honda's...I want it to be a joke that they even tried it!!!!!! I plan on putting together a picture filled diary on this car...it will be kind of neat to watch it progress, and I'll share it with you guys.

Glad to be aboard, I can tell right now that some of you guys know these 5.0 rollers inside and out, and since this is the first one I am building I may need a little help here and there and it seems like I am in the right place.
ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Welcome, your gonna love it here. Alot of info and very nice people. Sounds like you got a nice ride. And it was nice of you to let the guy have his stang back once he got back on his feet.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Sounds like an a great foundation for a project!

Do I see an "Operation Heavy Breather" in the future