Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

So...'Sup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Default So...'Sup?

Just figured I'd post something to see if anyone's actually around the forums during winter. Have been able to take the car out once in Jan & Dec each on a warmer day after rain had washed the salt off the road, and actually had to fill up the tank last time out. Yippee. Can't wait for warmer weather, definitely need to scratch the Mustang itch in stead of just when not working or on call. Anyone got any ideas of events, etc. for spring? Maybe try to do that semi-aborted Dayton to Cleveland cruise from 2 years ago? Or maybe do it in reverse? Are there any Mustang events at Cedar Point, King's Island, etc.? The zoo thing was kinda neat last fall, though a bit cold & damp.

I'm so bored I'm going to use the bunny w/a pancake (or is it a Chinese hat?) on its head icon for no apparent reason .
Old 02-17-2013, 07:51 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

www.moddedmustangs.com.. go into the clubhouse, you will find me. same name
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 PM
topcat2k2
2nd Gear Member

Hi Guys,
I check in here every so often, but there hasn't been any activity to speak of.
It's been so cold for so long, I can't remember the last time I even started up the ole' stang. It sits in the garage with the cover on it. I'm not too anxious to get out there and take it out anywhere either.
Still a while before the weather gets nice enough to do much outside. I can't wait for the temp. to get into the high 50's and 60's. That's when I plan to get some things done on the stang.
Fridge, count me out until it warms up, but I'd be up for some local meet-ups/activities then for sure. Maybe a drive to a State Park like Mohican (do some canoeing?) or a trip to the Ohio River for picnic and fishing? Late April, early May would be good timing. Wanna start planning? Xcape, you'd be interested wouldn'tcha?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:46 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Hey, as long as it's nice outside, I'm usually in. Don't have much planned in April or May yet so the schedule is still pretty open.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Mid- to late April is about the time frame I was thinking too. My baby doesn't see snow. I do like the state park idea, though.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
topcat2k2
2nd Gear Member

How about Sunday, April 21st. To Mohican or another State Park?
Take some hotdogs n' liquid refreshments? Take a short canoe trip?
Somethin' else?
I'm IN.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Sunday's may work better for me. I'll keep the date in mind. Will need to see what my work schedule winds up being. And, of course, weather permitting.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Here's what's new for me. I got a new job. No more Bob Evans , now I work or Cracker Barrel. Wife is pregnant. Due in May.

...oh. I and I got a window tint ticket for $129 by a Columbus cop. Didn't pull me over for anything else but that. Lol

I am down for a cruise in early spring. Just let me know the date.

Matt

Last edited by OSUTX440; 03-02-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:29 PM
topcat2k2
2nd Gear Member

Matt, Hate to hear you got that ticket. But, Congratulations on the new baby and new job. Which CrackerBarrel?
Sounds like April 21st is a good date. It's a Sunday. Looked but didn't see any auto related activities at KIsland or CedarPK anytime this year.
I'll see if I can find anything interesting, statewide, already scheduled for the 21st that we could go to and enjoy. I still like the State Park idea too.
Any one have good ideas, let us know. Also, if you're intesested in participating, jump in...
Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I got nothing on the calendar for April 21st so it looks like a good date for me. As long as the sun is shining, I'm in. So far I have managed to keep it out of rain all but 2 times. Both times it happened, the car got washed and waxed the next day. And I'm lazy.

Might be a little early for canoe rides. Fall in and you are gonna freeze your *** off.

Quick Reply: So...'Sup?