Oil and Oil Related Topics A place to post your oil related questions and comments

OIL, OIL, OIL Questions??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:57 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Is penzoil ultra a step up from penzoil platinum or is it vice versa?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Is penzoil ultra a step up from penzoil platinum or is it vice versa?
Pennzoil Ultra is their best, Platinum is the step down. Although, I honestly think it should be the other way around.

Ultra - group III base stock

Platinum - BITOG members are convinced it's a group IV/V blend.

group III bases stocks are better at keeping contaminants in suspension than a group IV PAO base. That's why Pennzoil decided to formulate Ultra as a group III instead of group IV. It's their best "cleaning" lubricant, not actually their best extended OCI, anti-wear lubricant.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 2009stang
I have a 2009 GT. It is about to roll 29,000 miles. I drive almost all highway miles about 75 per day 5 days a week. I have had the car since it had 16,000 on it. I have been using Fully synthetic Mobil-1 since it have had it. My question is has anyone else experienced the car using oil? I have had to add about a half a quart twice in 4000 miles. I am going to monitor it and see how long it takes to use oil again. I am also going to see if it will use any more oil than a half of quart and track that as well. Any input from you guys would be great. This is my thrid stang and I dont remember them burning or using oil this early in its life.
Hi 2009stang,

This is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I want to research this further for you. Could you PM me your VIN, dealer and contact info? Also, I recommend you bring this to your nearest Ford dealership’s attention so they can diagnose it as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 01-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi 2009stang,

This is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I want to research this further for you. Could you PM me your VIN, dealer and contact info? Also, I recommend you bring this to your nearest Ford dealership’s attention so they can diagnose it as soon as possible.

Deysha
NICE!

This is the first time I have ever seen a Ford Rep join a message board to assist people.

Need to add this person to my friends list.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Jhawk
1st Gear Member

I ran Mobil 1 in my Grand Cherokee. 50 miles per day, and 6000 mile intervals. I always had to add a quart around 4000 miles.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:46 AM
everett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
Here we go again! The age old question rears its ugly head again. 2009stang... Keep using Mobil 1 and you'll be fine.
FAIL. If your gonna spend that kind of money on oil buy a good oil. Amsoil,red-line or rp. And buy a bottle of molybdenum at napa and thank me later
Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 AM
everett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jhawk
I ran Mobil 1 in my Grand Cherokee. 50 miles per day, and 6000 mile intervals. I always had to add a quart around 4000 miles.
And now you know why you are adding oil. Mobil 1= fail
Old 04-21-2011, 10:06 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by everett
It's not that bad
Old 04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by everett
Au contrere, mon frere. 9.5 out of 10 times, oil consumption between changes is an indication of engine internal issues, not incorrect brand of oil. Although my most recent change was made using Pennzoil Platty, for the other 4 years I've had my car I exclusively used M1 5/30 and never consumed a single solitary drop between changes.

Slamming M1 without first stopping to think = fail.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
Au contrere, mon frere. 9.5 out of 10 times, oil consumption between changes is an indication of engine internal issues, not incorrect brand of oil. Although my most recent change was made using Pennzoil Platty, for the other 4 years I've had my car I exclusively used M1 5/30 and never consumed a single solitary drop between changes.

Slamming M1 without first stopping to think = fail.
Agree 100%. I've used M1 for the last 10 years in three different cars. No issues. I simply change it every 3k. An yes I know I could probably exceed that, but I'd rather not.

Last edited by kzonts; 04-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: OIL, OIL, OIL Questions??