Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Drift

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Dirtysouthstang
2nd Gear Member

Default Drift

did anyone here about the mustang that won the D1 GP?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Drift

ORIGINAL: Dirtysouthstang

did anyone here about the mustang that won the D1 GP?
nope, don't care about automotive figureskating
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

that stang is pretty cool if you ask me
Old 03-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Dirtysouthstang
2nd Gear Member

pic of the D1GP mustang
Old 03-24-2006, 05:40 PM
1EvilStang

Yeah they had it on redline tv. its was pretty sick the falken Stang keep those tires lite and the smoke pooring. Falken has reworked the engine internals and added an intercooler to produce 514 horsepower from its 5.0-liter V-8 engine so i would talk smack just because its set up to drift. and lets get one thing straight it takes skill to bust the drifts those guys are doing it dosnt take skill for some kid to ebrake his ride and slide it for maybe 3 secs. Are u going to post next that F1 drivers suck because Nascar rules?? hahaha
Old 03-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1EvilStang

Yeah they had it on redline tv. its was pretty sick the falken Stang keep those tires lite and the smoke pooring. Falken has reworked the engine internals and added an intercooler to produce 514 horsepower from its 5.0-liter V-8 engine so i would talk smack just because its set up to drift. and lets get one thing straight it takes skill to bust the drifts those guys are doing it dosnt take skill for some kid to ebrake his ride and slide it for maybe 3 secs. Are u going to post next that F1 drivers suck because Nascar rules?? hahaha
Never said that drifting does not take skill, I just think that it is a stupid thing to do. Drifting has a place when you are trying to go fast, like a 800hp sprint car on a dirt track, or a WRC car on gravel, or a Mustang on a road course trying for that extra tenth of a second a lap. Any time style points come into play, I get turned off.

I want to see 7 time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen drift an Audi R10, or Michael Shumacher drift a Ferrari F2004. It won't happen since they know how to do fast
Old 03-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

drifting is INSANELY hard. especially to keep that car sideways going around a turn for that long and not hit something or go off course. i can see where some people don't like it, but all that matters to me is, it's something else to do in a car! they had a stang and a viper in the d1 gp and they both kicked some *** if ya ask me.

i started toying around with drifting (before i really knew what drifting was) with a 2.3L fox bod 5 speed. it's a lot more fun going sideways fast than going in a straight line really fast, slowin for the turn and going really fast again. i don't like slowing down, and like stopping even less. and if you can learn to drift a car cleanly, you can prolly avoid many accidents in the winter time and learn to rebound when the rear cuts out on you at the track. i know i have before.

i'm looking to put together a fox bod, pref a four eye'd, drift car and further a stang drift team. anyone here interested, drop me a line.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:42 AM
DriftVic

ford racing backs a mustang and its an amazing car something like 600+hp and a trunk mounted cooling system. it uses a ton of the Ford GT stuff on it.

anyways as my name says im a drifter have been going to events for 2 years now and usually im the only domestic out there. there is a new trend however..v8's and superchargers people love that instant torque combined with huge power.

id love to see more stangs and other muscle cars at events. if you wanna participate check out www.southeasdrift.com

you can check out some pic of me at the last event i attended here.....Drifting

also if your in the ATL region check this vid out. It will also be showing in theatres during the FF3 premier. im actally in there from seconds 27-30

Commercial
Old 06-08-2006, 09:31 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

that car is AWESOME. i love to watch drifting. its unreal what those guys can do. MORE SO, the guys with like 200hp AE86 corolla's and low hp 240's, beating the higher hp cars, all due to one thing: suspension setups. its freekin cool !!!
Old 06-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Drifting is the lamest thing since 2000Si.

Quick Reply: Drift