Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Nitro fans

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default Nitro fans

...Do we have any nitro fans out there? In this forum everybody seems to be obsessed with nascar.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:22 PM
skylark494
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Nitro fans

Love top fuel cars. Been to many races. Nascar is a poplular subject just about anywhere you go, I love Nascar also.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Mustangood
2nd Gear Member

I like NHRA and NASCAR. I follow NASCAR more closely though
Old 06-26-2004, 08:53 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I love the top fuel cars so dose my family the wife and our son all love to go see the big boys, our little girl has not been to the big boys but she comes with use when we drag race.I watch NASCAR but have never been to a race the wife has and said she hated it (coke 600) she said it was boring and would not go again they wont even watch it on TV, I fall asleep most of the time when watching the motor sound dose it I think.
But the top fuel just rocks the sound, the smell of nitro[8D] in the air 300+ mph walking right up to the cars and drivers it the pits.there is nothing like top fuel in real life TV does nothing for top fuel you got to be there, there is nothing louder then 2 fuel cars gone side by side down the track you can sit in the stands and get a rush from just watching they are soooooo fast man I would love to drive one.I think everyone owes it to them selfs to see a top fuel race most would never go back to other racing.the frames bow the tire change shape man it just rocks hell the air moves.the roar of the cars can be felt I know no less then 1/8 mile in the ground I have felt it I am sure it can be felt farther that is just how far away we where parked.when we missed a car run at lunch.these are the most powerful cars in the world bar none.then the pro stock cars are cool all heck drag racing just rocks!!!!! where races are won and lost by thousands of a second that is racing!!!!! there are no 2nd chances.its win or lose.did I say I like drag racing?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:16 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

nascar..sux anymore....no fights crybabies when rubbed on...yuppie racing BMW will debut a car for them..

I love the pro stock car and bikes when the winner and loser are an inch differece....nitro has gotten better in the side by side racing a 4.40 this year?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:33 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

nascar = [sm=smiley21.gif]
Old 06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Well it looks that drag racing has lost a up and coming great I know I lost the man I wanted to win every weekend in top fuel.
YOU WILL BE MISSED DARRELL RUSSELL AND GOD SPEED TO YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

How sad about Darrell. Unbelievable. Darrell, you will be missed.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:11 AM
jpc
2nd Gear Member

Ya that is to bad, read that a piece of the wing strut, pierced his helmet, now NHRA has mandated full roll cage protection of some sort, guess old man Garlits had it right a couple years back when he had the enclosed cockpit and the mono center strut on his last fueler. The thing is with garlits design if the rear tire blew, it would probally not take out the wing structure..

[IMG]local://upfiles/5730/Pn375473004.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2004, 03:47 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

I've been a big fan of nitro since 1974, 30 years ago when I first saw them run in Englishtown, NJ. There is no motorsport in the world that compares to NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car racing.
I too was shocked to see that Darrell Russell was killed in the accident, he was a great driver and he will be sorely missed.
I also have read that NHRA has mandated a change to a new tire also in addition to enclosing the cockpit but haven't seen any details yet.

Quick Reply: Nitro fans