Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Drifting School

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 10:35 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default Drifting School

My brother has a 95 Viper and I have an 05 Mustang and we were looking to learn how to drift. We live in OH and were looking for a school to learn how to drift. The school can be in another state. We are just looking for one. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:04 PM
weasel1088
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Drifting School

whyy? drifting=[:'(][:'(][:'(][:@][:@][:'(][:'(]
Old 01-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Not4you

drifting ... with a v6, auto, trc ... good luck.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:54 AM
chetsexington

try looking it up on the internet
Old 01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
SinCityGT500
1st Gear Member

You will quickly find out that drifting with an automatic transmission is extremely difficult unless you have some serious power. In addition to your trans shifting gears on you mid-drift, a lot of drifting techniques involve little tricks with the clutch, which you don't have. I am new to Mustangs, but does your Mustang get power to both wheels or is it an open differential? If it is an open differential, then you are double SOL because you can't drift with only one tire getting power. Sorry dude. Try to convince your Viper buddy to let you co-drive.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:31 PM
DaGTKing46
1st Gear Member

i would love to learn how to dirft
Old 06-25-2007, 02:55 PM
fastbck429

you dont need a school you can look up the diferent ways to initiate and hold your drift on the internet. just find an empty parking lot somewhere and have at it. but youll need a manual trans and tires
Old 06-26-2007, 06:43 PM
sixbangerstanger

ok to inform the rest of you it is possible to drift in an auto stang it just takes technique and a few upgrades. first i would look online for some places to drift but, team FR hosts events and practices in the WI. area so check them out and also for you to drift ina stang i would recomend, gears, T-lok, tune, suspension kit/ coilovers, and at the minimum an intake, but supercharger or turbo would be best, those mods are to have a good drift car but just gears and a T-lok for now would get you started. and in an auto when you enter your drift shift into nuetral and rev just enough to spin the tires when you go back into drive also you can shift into a low gear so your car wont shift in mid drift hope that was some help if you have any questions PM me and i can help you out and welcome to the drift scene.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:53 PM
drifter240

go to D-Day in Washington DC. I know they used to have a school there after Drift Show-off
Old 08-04-2007, 03:32 PM
snake90269

ORIGINAL: sixbangerstanger

ok to inform the rest of you it is possible to drift in an auto stang it just takes technique and a few upgrades. first i would look online for some places to drift but, team FR hosts events and practices in the WI. area so check them out and also for you to drift ina stang i would recomend, gears, T-lok, tune, suspension kit/ coilovers, and at the minimum an intake, but supercharger or turbo would be best, those mods are to have a good drift car but just gears and a T-lok for now would get you started. and in an auto when you enter your drift shift into nuetral and rev just enough to spin the tires when you go back into drive also you can shift into a low gear so your car wont shift in mid drift hope that was some help if you have any questions PM me and i can help you out and welcome to the drift scene.
Just as he said...with muscle cars its all about settings and HP....I use to drift a 93 240Sx before i got my mustang and all i did for it was install an Nismo LSD kit and added and intercooler , k&n air filter and a high response clutch... also like sixbangerstanger said...its all about the rev....if you cant pop your clutch out and mess with the e-Brake its pretty hard to do it right....your probly going to end up just power slideing most of the time with out at least a clutch...word of advise...if your serious about drifting buy some 2 additional rims that match your car right now and when you tires start to die...have them replaced with new set and mount the old on the spare set...always new for the front and use the olds for the back....i live in so cal so all i did was go to a junk yard and got 4 rims with decent tires for under 200...i had 2/2 set up going until i got good enough to have all high grip tires.

Quick Reply: Drifting School