MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pipes, Boost & Juice (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice-15/)
-   -   I hate the Fast and Furious (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice/178436-i-hate-the-fast-and-furious.html)

kdizzle711 09-10-2006 11:34 PM

I hate the Fast and Furious

That stupid ass movie has everyone at my school and almost everyone I know thinking nitrous is NOSSS. When I explain NOS is a company that supplies nitrous labeled Nitrous Oxide Systems, there respone is "Nitrous, NOS same thing". I hate people.

wills98cobra 09-10-2006 11:54 PM

RE: I hate the Fast and Furious

i guess those are the type of people that believe everything they see on tv pretty dumb

luckythirteen13 09-11-2006 03:30 AM

i dont even talk to people like that. get new friends lol

samseed101 09-11-2006 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: kdizzle711

That stupid ass movie has everyone at my school and almost everyone I know thinking nitrous is NOSSS. When I explain NOS is a company that supplies nitrous labeled Nitrous Oxide Systems, there respone is "Nitrous, NOS same thing". I hate people.
Technically, it's not the same thing. But for all intents and purposes it is. It has become a widely accepted term to mean nitrous oxide. Have you ever called a pair of inline skates "rollerblades" or heard someone say they were going "rollerblading?" Or have you ever called a pair of self-locking pliers a pair of "vice grips?" That's no different. Those are name brands, but have become socially accepted to mean the tool itself, rather than the brand.

gt96stang 09-11-2006 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Technically, it's not the same thing. But for all intents and purposes it is. It has become a widely accepted term to mean nitrous oxide. Have you ever called a pair of inline skates "rollerblades" or heard someone say they were going "rollerblading?" Or have you ever called a pair of self-locking pliers a pair of "vice grips?" That's no different. Those are name brands, but have become socially accepted to mean the tool itself, rather than the brand.

Just like band-aid... It's a name brand, but when you ask for one that isn't made by them, you don't say bandage.... It'll lose it's patent eventually because it is becoming so commonly used in that sense.

kdizzle711 09-11-2006 05:10 PM

I also love it when people get and my car and wonder where the NOS button on my steering wheel is. I tell them I wired the cruise control button up to it. I understand what you mean about band-aid. But I hate when people that know absolutely nothing about nitrous try to tell me how it works. For Gods sake some kid tried to tell me I have a wet-dry kit, not a wet kit and that my fuel solenoid was supposed to spray fuel THROUGH the injectors, not my intake.

luckythirteen13 09-11-2006 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: kdizzle711

I also love it when people get and my car and wonder where the NOS button on my steering wheel is. I tell them I wired the cruise control button up to it. I understand what you mean about band-aid. But I hate when people that know absolutely nothing about nitrous try to tell me how it works. For Gods sake some kid tried to tell me I have a wet-dry kit, not a wet kit and that my fuel solenoid was supposed to spray fuel THROUGH the injectors, not my intake.
hahaha!! stupid people are funny

SSKiller 09-11-2006 11:17 PM

that's okay....me and my fellow racer g-man had one of our moron friends believing that a nitrous cam flung nitrous into the motor.....

[sm=chairshot.gif]