Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

I hate the Fast and Furious

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:34 PM
kdizzle711
2nd Gear Member

Default I hate the Fast and Furious

That stupid *** movie has everyone at my school and almost everyone I know thinking nitrous is NOSSS. When I explain NOS is a company that supplies nitrous labeled Nitrous Oxide Systems, there respone is "Nitrous, NOS same thing". I hate people.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:54 PM
wills98cobra
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I hate the Fast and Furious

i guess those are the type of people that believe everything they see on tv pretty dumb
Old 09-11-2006, 03:30 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

i dont even talk to people like that. get new friends lol
Old 09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kdizzle711

That stupid *** movie has everyone at my school and almost everyone I know thinking nitrous is NOSSS. When I explain NOS is a company that supplies nitrous labeled Nitrous Oxide Systems, there respone is "Nitrous, NOS same thing". I hate people.
Technically, it's not the same thing. But for all intents and purposes it is. It has become a widely accepted term to mean nitrous oxide. Have you ever called a pair of inline skates "rollerblades" or heard someone say they were going "rollerblading?" Or have you ever called a pair of self-locking pliers a pair of "vice grips?" That's no different. Those are name brands, but have become socially accepted to mean the tool itself, rather than the brand.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Technically, it's not the same thing. But for all intents and purposes it is. It has become a widely accepted term to mean nitrous oxide. Have you ever called a pair of inline skates "rollerblades" or heard someone say they were going "rollerblading?" Or have you ever called a pair of self-locking pliers a pair of "vice grips?" That's no different. Those are name brands, but have become socially accepted to mean the tool itself, rather than the brand.
Just like band-aid... It's a name brand, but when you ask for one that isn't made by them, you don't say bandage.... It'll lose it's patent eventually because it is becoming so commonly used in that sense.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:10 PM
kdizzle711
2nd Gear Member

I also love it when people get and my car and wonder where the NOS button on my steering wheel is. I tell them I wired the cruise control button up to it. I understand what you mean about band-aid. But I hate when people that know absolutely nothing about nitrous try to tell me how it works. For Gods sake some kid tried to tell me I have a wet-dry kit, not a wet kit and that my fuel solenoid was supposed to spray fuel THROUGH the injectors, not my intake.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:05 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kdizzle711

I also love it when people get and my car and wonder where the NOS button on my steering wheel is. I tell them I wired the cruise control button up to it. I understand what you mean about band-aid. But I hate when people that know absolutely nothing about nitrous try to tell me how it works. For Gods sake some kid tried to tell me I have a wet-dry kit, not a wet kit and that my fuel solenoid was supposed to spray fuel THROUGH the injectors, not my intake.
hahaha!! stupid people are funny
Old 09-11-2006, 11:17 PM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

that's okay....me and my fellow racer g-man had one of our moron friends believing that a nitrous cam flung nitrous into the motor.....

[sm=chairshot.gif]