MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pipes, Boost & Juice (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice-15/)
-   -   High flow H or X with packs??? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice/20967-high-flow-h-or-x-with-packs.html)

kingsnake 08-24-2004 10:03 PM

High flow H or X with packs???

I'm planning to order the magnapack cat back and a new mid pipe. I want the loud deep muscle car rumble. I cant decide whether to go with a high flow x or h. I know the x is better for performance, but I'm more concerned about the sound right now. Either way I am going catted so I can pass emissions. Which do you think will give me the sound I am looking for? I'm leaning towards the h, but don't know if it would sound good with packs. Another option I am considering is going with BBK longtubes and the high flow shorty h and keeping my flowmaster 40's. Let me know what you would recommend. Thanks.

callmecobra 08-24-2004 10:18 PM

RE: High flow H or X with packs???

x and packs would give the most hp, but h and flows would give the deepest sound.

SilverGTV8 08-24-2004 10:31 PM

LT's , h pipe, and flows would be deep at idle. The h will give you a deep tone, but hurt performance, the x is abit quiter but offers the best performance. I like don't care for flows, but packs would be a big improvment over the flows:)

04ShakinSteed 08-25-2004 12:36 AM

Do the longtubes, off road H and get some Magnapacks

kingsnake 08-25-2004 08:17 AM

So, do you think a high flow h would really sound good with packs or should I just go with the x? I know everyone will tell me to go with the x for performance, but I really love the deep rumble and would be willing to sacrifice a little on the performance end to get that sound.

04ShakinSteed 08-26-2004 12:55 AM

yes, that is why I said that.

mustangGTdude1031 08-26-2004 02:02 AM

ya i want the same as kingsnake. Sound over performance right now.i still want a little bit of performance if i can get it but i would like more sound. deep sound is exactly wat i want. i think wat i will do is H pipe and magnapacks. Mags r soooooooo much better than slowmasters. if i do that then i will have a little bit of both.:D

mustangGTdude1031 08-26-2004 02:06 AM

dont forget long tubes.[sm=smiley20.gif]

94Cbra 08-26-2004 02:14 AM

The power differences between the H-pipe and X-pipe dont hit untill really high horsepower applications. I had a X-pipe on my old 96 Gt and it was awful. The X made my flows sound raspy and I actually lost a little low end torque. If your going with a daily driver I would definatly go with an H-pipe. My 2 cents.

SilverGTV8 08-26-2004 08:28 AM

X pipe will make flows sound horrible. Flows are for h-pipes because of the scavaging of the exhaust, pulses more than an x-pipe. With standard bolt ons an x-pipe is good for 2 or 3 more hp, but it shifts the HP curve. Kinda makes the car a little sluggish down low but screams up high.

People say it's only 2 or 3 hp not worth it, I am the kinda of guy that thinks every little bit is worth it.