Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

centrifical or tt

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:13 AM
mdcobra98

Default RE: centrifical or tt

Thanks for the replys guys sorry I havent had time to get online.I dont want any more than 450 hp, I mean it is my daily driver and I am on a budget. Im thinking vortech then. How do the vortechs sound? Mean? Im not hiding anything its a cobra .my car is loud as it sits with bbk longtubes and full magnaflow. I got 3.73's in it and a 5.0 short shifter. I was told by my friend my car is set to be induced as is. i want a mean sounding supercharger thatcould potentially get 450hp.

My dad drives a 2001 corvette, and brags how much faster his car is than mine. I want to shut him up lol
Old 09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Most centris tend to sound hte same of similar. I can't speak for the Vortech, but if you click on the link below the pic of my car in my sig, you can hear what a Procharger P-1SC sounds like at idle.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:48 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

the vortech v2-sq is pretty quiet in comparison. my stepdad's on his 06 GT is almost virtually silent.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

the vortech v2-sq is pretty quiet in comparison. my stepdad's on his 06 GT is almost virtually silent.
Yeah. but I don't count the SQ (Super Quiet) Vortech because that's supposed to be quieter anyway [8D]
Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

I would go with a single turbo actually, twins are just a way to either pack more power into the engine than one, and otherwise escape boost lag, which on a Mustang is near none existant.

Hellion and HP Turbo are the guys I'd look at for a kit, if you don't know where to find the other parts they can include them in your order I believe, HP Turbo for sure, Hellion I'm not as sure.

Hellion is amazing though, I've seen an 04 Cobra (due that I just aquired mine with a Dealership Job) and it is one mean mother. If you like the idea of instant power though, even the KB is going to take alittle time. And as far as streetability, a Turbo is far easier to the experienced driver to street in my opinion, it's as simple as throttle control. However if you go above 650 expect to make some huge investments across the power delivery.

Again I highly recommend a single Turbo, as far as I have experienced enless your goal is 900 or more I wouldn't recommend twins.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Fobra
Banned

actually a twin turbo would be better for less hp goals - with less lag, a single turbo is the way to go for big power IMO, but again im in a agreement that a 67 -76mm turbo is the way to go - youll max at about 1000 rwhp potential with very little to no lag
Old 09-14-2007, 04:49 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

it's not a question of which is better, it's a question of which you can afford. if you don't plan on going all out with a built motor, new fuel system, heavy duty transmission, then a turbo would be a waste of money. unless you piece together a turbo kit, they cost quite a large chunk of change to buy a KIT. most people go with a centrifugal style because they're cheap and will get you to your stock motor's threshhold just as easily as a turbo, but at half the cost.
+1....op sounds like any entry level sc would be a good fit for you. vortech makes a great sc but personally i'd go with a intercooled paxton or procharger.

ravenforbiddena lot (i'd say most)big power turbo mustangs are single turbos. i can easily get 9-950whp out of my turbo. tranny, clutch, and it being a street car are the only things keeping mea bit under 750whp
Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

alot of you guys are pushin some power. i say TT
Old 09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

it's not a question of which is better, it's a question of which you can afford. if you don't plan on going all out with a built motor, new fuel system, heavy duty transmission, then a turbo would be a waste of money. unless you piece together a turbo kit, they cost quite a large chunk of change to buy a KIT. most people go with a centrifugal style because they're cheap and will get you to your stock motor's threshhold just as easily as a turbo, but at half the cost.
+1....op sounds like any entry level sc would be a good fit for you. vortech makes a great sc but personally i'd go with a intercooled paxton or procharger.

ravenforbiddena lot (i'd say most)big power turbo mustangs are single turbos. i can easily get 9-950whp out of my turbo. tranny, clutch, and it being a street car are the only things keeping mea bit under 750whp
that and there's only so much power you can get before it's just a dyno queen. too much power is too hard to control and isn't really worth it. i'm getting my T installed and looking at 620-650RWHP. even that may be too much. it's more fun when the car moves instead of spins.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:57 AM
prochargedGT
3rd Gear Member

with tt you should build your engine b/c your going to be pushing like 650hp and thats no good on a stock engine! hp perfromance makes tt kits and if you built your engine and got a tt your prolly looking at 15-20k bucks, if your get a S/C on the other hand your going to have around 360-400 hp, you wouldnt have to build your engine and it would cost around 5-7k with a good s/c kit....If you have the money get the TT KIT!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: centrifical or tt